+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dont know how to let go of the anger!!

Dont know how to let go of the anger!!

Hi all!
    So today is officially one WHOLE year since my breakup. What is wrong with me?? I realize he was my first bf and first love and we tried to be "friends" in between for a while, which made this process super long. But randomly still. I'll think of my ex and get so angry!! Like actually feel the anger in my heart!! He didn't even do anything that bad. But the whole time I was dating him I kept think he treated me at a distance because he doesn't know how to love, or give himself to a girl. And now watching him with his new gf just makes me sooooo angry. All those words he said of "I think there's something wrong with me, I can't seem to form an attachment to anyone". Our whole relationship was a lie!!!! He knows how to love, just not love me. How do you get rid of that anger you have from relationships where you feel like injustice happenned?? I find myself acting very cold and jaded to a lot of people because of my ex leading me on, and just dumping me to treat someone else like I wanted to be treated. Just thought talking about it might make me feel less angry. And it did help! Thanks for listening

Go absolutely "No Contact" with him. Get yourself busy with activities, get new hobbies, get new/more friends, make sure you spend a lot of time with your friends, go out often and have a good time, do on a date once in a while (or often) and some very perculier will happen; you start liking other guys more that you love him, imagine that.

Did I mention; go completely "No Contact" with Him?

Good luck to you,

how long did you date?

dated for just one year

Well you are taking what he did personally. But like you said he didnt invest much into the relationship.. yet it is bothering you. This has nothing to do with you as he is the one with the issues.

tremolo Guest
    That is so painful, hope. I went through that once, and may be about to experience that again... all I can say is you need to remind yourself that you are worthy of love, and that your ex - for whatever reason - did not give you the love that you deserve. It doesn't help anything to sit and ruminate as to why he didn't love you like he loves her. Just accept that it was not meant to be and tell yourself you're now free to find someone who loves you properly. Take a hiatus from dating and focus on yourself for awhile. Do things that make you happy and try to figure out what it is you really want. And when you do date other people, don't punish them because your ex was not able to love you like you wanted. Clearly, his priorities were different than yours - and that's nothing to beat yourself up about.