+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Good move or too far?

Good move or too far?

Around 2 years ago I had a thing with this girl, it didn't last very long (3 months or so). Nothing bad happened, it just seemed life got in the way and we drifted. We are both late 20's, I live alone she moved back home with her folks to go back to school.

We've been hanging out again lately. At first it was just friendly, catching up. After a few weeks we were kissing / making out again. She told me that she was recently out of a relationship and wasn't ready to jump into another one quickly, but would like to "see what happens" and keep seeing me, so long as I was okay with taking it slow. I like her very much, so I'm fine with that (for now). Yesterday we had a nice afternoon together but my nerves were on fire for some reason, and I didn't make any moves. We're both going away this weekend for a bit, and I probably won't see her for 2 weeks or so. It was a fun day, but I didn't like how it ended (short hug nothing else).

Afterwards I was pissed off at myself, so I decided to try and do something bold / unpredictable. Simply, I waited a few hours and sent a text when it was dark out asking if she was home. She was, so I asked if she could come outside and talk for a minute. She was confused, but said sure. So I drove over and parked around the corner, walked up, and she came outside to meet me (I haven't met her parents yet, I was trying to be covert lol). I told her that something was bothering me. She asked what, and I replied with "I'm having fun and am okay with the pace here, but I can't go 3 weeks without kissing you". We both laughed, she told me that was "really corny", and then we kissed a few times. We kept laughing, she says "you're such a weirdo", kissed again and said goodnight. As she's walking back she turns and says "that was out of a movie or something".

I'm guessing by the reaction that I chose wisely, but I'm bad at reading people...what do you think? Is it okay to be "corny" sometimes?

I applaud you for doing something out of the ordinary. At first I was afraid you were going to do something creepy but it was definitely corny. And she also saw it that way and you probably earn some bonus points from it. I think it's nice to do something completely out of your heart once in a while instead of trying to be cool all the time. It made you unpredictable and more interesting. Just remember to keep this to a minimum like once in a blue moon kind of thing. It's only effective that way.

that is soooooo sweet. Good move.

BUT, don't invest too much into her. She just got out of a relationship, so she may just be drifting along.

Btw, keep these surprise things in moderation. You don't want to be obsessive or seem protective. Shower her w love, but sometimes fondness grows from a distance.

Oooh. Pretty risky. That could have turned out badly for you, but fortunately she seemed to find it charming. Good job.