+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I need a womans (or anybodys) input...long read,sorry.

I need a womans (or anybodys) input...long read,sorry.

So me and my now ex have been dating for a year and half. And for the last 3 months or so. She just stopped showing affection for the most part,like pushing me away. She says its because she needs her space (when she never wanted space before). We recently split like 2 weeks ago or so. And unfortunately she is all i think about :\. She says she wants to make it work but that she needs her space and until i can give her the space she will continue to push me away. Needless to say it is kind of hard when the girl you love and happens to be your best friend just kind of ups and leaves. And what REALLY does not help the cause is i suffer from manic depression. What pisses me off the most is she wants space from me but she happens to text one of my other co workers who is a guy and it irritates the HELL out of me. She tells me she is not doing anything bad at all. But i have been raised to trust people but never give them the benefit of the doubt. My last ex of 3 and a half years wanted space too. come to find out i got played for an idiot and she slept with the guy. I'm not falling for the same shit twice. Now the thing is she still invites me over about once or twice a week to hangout at her house. and just yesterday we went to the beach with some friends (the times i hang out with her nothing happens not so much as a kiss but i do get to hold her in the bed and such i guess you can say we "snuggle") and she also tells me she loves me and she will be faithful. I'm so confused its ridiculous. I just need some opinions and what some of you think the right course of action might be. Should i let it go? Should i give her the space? or i mean what else can i do. What sucks too is i ran out of my meds as of today and the damn psychiatrist is "out of town"....I'm about to flip and this is not helping the cause at all. I will gladly give more info if needed. But i also appreciate any help and the opprotunity to vent to complete strangers who will not side with anyone at all.

give her the space she needs if that's the only thing she's asking but tell her that after this break she better be changed in a good way which means coming back to you. but if she's thinking about breaking up this way she might as well tell you that now. now take care of yourself.

What confuses me is,if she wanted to break up completely why do you still invite me places and talk to me?

Anyone else?

what meds are you on? Im wondering If I had taken some with my last relationship, if we would still be together...You dont need a psychiatrist for medication.. go to your GP he can refill it for you

Unfortunately i do not have one. I was on Celexa and Seroquel. I'm going to try melatonin as i heard it is about to be used to treat depression by physicians. If it works...well hell at $4 a bottle i'd be happy

go to any doctor then....

Im NOT a doctor but you can try...

St. John Wort, Phenylalanine, or 5HTP.. all natural suppliments used for depression.. but I would be careful as I dont know if you can just start self medicating.

so your biploar and suffer from depression.. my ex did too... a s for your question.. give her space.

Ive been medicating myself for the last 10 years lol. for all sorts of problems due to not having insurance at the time.