+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: antidepressents

mornings are really terrible... feel more suicidal than i did before... but the meds wearing off.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ??? Are you stupid? If you are feeling homicidal or more suicidal than usual, you should OBVIOUSLY not be taking this medication. Call your doctor. (duh)
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

yeah just went back... Doctor gave me Lorazepam, but said to only take it if I REALLY need it as its highly addictive. Its a fast acting medicine I can use in the meantime until the Lexapro works

this lorzapam is great stuff. im happier than a pig in shit right now.. almost like im on magic shrooms without the hallucinating.. just laughing about stupid shit.
    Last edited by DarkHelmet82; 01-07-11 at 01:26 AM.

too bad i cant take is lorzapam forever... its like magic in a pill form

ooooh sounds fun! Do be careful with it though. Glad to hear that you're sticking with the lexapro.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Another drug addict in the making. Thank you, doctor.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Vashti, while I understand your comment I think it is unfair. Often when people have been down for long enough they need a chemical reminder of what being happy feels like so they can actually attain it for themselves.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    As a nurse, I can tell you for sure that people on Lorazepam do not feel the way a healthy human being feels, and as someone who deals with addicts on a daily basis, I can also say with absolute certainty that benzos are a terrible idea for someone who has mental health issues.

Sure, there is that. I'd like to give DH and his Dr the benefit of the doubt and say that DH is going to be responsible and not abuse them and that his Dr won't prescribe them again.

I also have to ask, Vasti, since this is something you are quite opinionated on these types of matters (not judging just stating), have you ever felt the need for medication for mental issues or had any sort of experience with drug use or addiction yourself? Or is all your experience based on witnessing the negatives? (this is just out of curiosity and feel free to tell me to go jump if you don't want to answer)
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I see the effects (both positive AND negative) of every kind of drug under the sun. In no way do I speak from inexperience.

I'm glad to know that.

Too many people in the medical field are judgemental of people that use drugs or need a prescription to cope. Good to know that you aren't one of them.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by MaidenMinx View Post
    I'm glad to know that.

Too many people in the medical field are judgemental of people that use drugs or need a prescription to cope.
    Actually, I disagree. I think not enough people in the medical field are willing to do the right thing, which is to insist people learn some coping skills. It's much easier to write a prescription.

He's already got the antidepressants. Ativan is a bad idea.
    Last edited by vashti; 01-07-11 at 03:03 PM.

Really?!?!

Over here it's quite different. It took me a year of counselling before my Dr would acknowledge I needed chemical assistance in maintaining my mood control. And for me it is a need as I am sure I screwed my chemical balance permanently with my psychedelic experimentation in my mid teens through to early 20's.

Now that I have thought about it a moment I am not sure why I responded with such surprise. I have often been shocked by the differences between the American and Australian health systems. You think I'd be getting used to the differences.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHelmet82 View Post
    this lorzapam is great stuff. im happier than a pig in shit right now.. almost like im on magic shrooms without the hallucinating.. just laughing about stupid shit.
    sounds fun might want to look up for this meds too then

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast