+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: antidepressents

I should go back on them cause I did the same thing as you minx. First time they gave me prozac about 10 years ago now I had a bad reaction to it. Like I thought I was surronded by giant spiders and ended up climbing the flagpole at school. Some of my classmates recorded it and sent it around. I still get phone calls about it. Oh getting the coping skills is nice and all but sometimes you just need a little help. Oh and tapering dosages to get off the stuff was the biggest most painful experience chemical wise I ever hard.
    Last edited by DannyH; 01-07-11 at 04:09 PM.

You know, this is my third and forever round of antidepressants and never have I gone to my dr and tapered off. I just wake up one day and realise I haven't taken my meds for about 6 weeks and decide not to go back. Within 12 months or so I crash and go back to counselling and the dr.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

I sort of had to deal with a doctor and taper off because of the school(job corps) I was at. They sorta forced me in to it. If I do decide to go back to the docs then it will be my 2nd round. Hopefully no game of test this drug again. Literally took like 6 7 different types over the course of like 6 months before we found the right one.

im a responsible person.. Im only taking the ativan when i have severe panic attacks....

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkHelmet82 View Post
    im a responsible person.. Im only taking the ativan when i have severe panic attacks....
    this lorzapam is great stuff. im happier than a pig in shit right now.. almost like im on magic shrooms without the hallucinating.. just laughing about stupid shit.
    Yeah, you sound like it.

You DO realize, I hope, that a lot of people endure panic attacks without taking any medication at all, don't you? In fact, that's how you cure yourself of them. Desensitization.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Benzodiazepines and other downers are not a good way to deal with heartache and anxiety in anything but the very short term, they just hide the pain away and suspend it for a later date. I wouldn't consider them 'antidepressants' as such, they don't attempt to enhance mood or lift depression, they just block things out and numb you emotionally. The withdrawals are horrible, they creep up on you, and you almost certainly will end up taking more of them. Eventually you have to deal with it yourself without the pills. After my missus left I took mucho valium for several days - And I was perfectly calm and happy. I thought I had dealt with it. Then I woke up one morning having not taken valium, and it was like being hit with an express train of grief and I had to start all over again. Only by going pretty much drug free (Apart from pot and a weekly few beers) have I been able to actually deal with the breakup and move on.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    DM, you are smart enough to know that people who use recreational drugs are not usually loyal to only a single drug. They will most often take whatever they can get their hands on. Do you consider this emotionally healthy behavior?

Genetics and chemical imbalances DO exist, sure, but how will taking Ativan help in the long run? This kid is already taking antidepressants. The goal of antidepressants is to make a person with a chemical imbalance feel normal. Ativan doesn't make you feel normal.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

ativan makes me not give a shit.. i was given this UNTIL the Lexapro is in full effect... this just get my panic attacks stable so i dont go around raping and pillaging.
    Last edited by DarkHelmet82; 02-07-11 at 03:58 AM.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    DM, you are smart enough to know that people who use recreational drugs are not usually loyal to only a single drug. They will most often take whatever they can get their hands on. Do you consider this emotionally healthy behavior?
    No, I know plenty of people who will use empathogens and hallucinogenic drugs but not touch the nasty stuff- meth, heroin, crack. See: rave rat

I sure agree with you though that people should not use illegal drugs or alcohol to self medicate. I mean long-term, btw, smoking a huge blunt or getting wasted a couple of times because something sucky happened might be just what a person needs

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ativan makes me not give a shit.. i was given this UNTIL the Lexapro is in full effect... this just get my panic attacks stable so i dont go around raping and pillaging.
    People in the midst of legitimate panic attacks do not engage in this behavior.

i was being funny... its more like uncontrolable crying and unable to breath

i feel good today.. morning for some reason are really bad but overall im good

Excellent. That is good to hear.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Actually, I disagree. I think not enough people in the medical field are willing to do the right thing, which is to insist people learn some coping skills. It's much easier to write a prescription.

He's already got the antidepressants. Ativan is a bad idea.
    When I tweaked my back, my doctor tried to give me a strong Ibueprofen, and VICODIN.

I told her I didn't think it was that bad, and she told me I should take it and reduce my doses as it gets better.

I told her, "How about I work my way up instead of down?"

I never even filled the ibueprofen prescription, much less the vicodin.

Wow really?? I did my neck a few years a go and was in agony for months, I could barely move my neck and I had constant migraines. I wasn't given a script for any pain killers, just a referral to a physiotherapist. Took me 3 physios before I found one that could actually get my neck to unkink.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast