+ Follow This Topic
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: antidepressents

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Cerby, I don't like to delete people's threads if it isn't obvious break of the rule or something similar... It always tends to end up the same : those posters start to stirr up shit, insult us, complain,bitch, whine , you name it . I'm kind of in exam phase right now , so I don't feel like dealing with such shit , I come here just to remove spam and "monitor" in some kind of way and also to take a break from studying and have some fun while I have to stay at home anyway .
    I wazzzz here

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by MerryH View Post
    Are you going to tell him which meds to take, then?

I never said he wasn't depressed. He should get help. Professional help. He's not going to get that here. He should be discussing this with his doctor, not loveforum.net.
    Ah hell, Merry. Point made, let it percolate. Its only electrons and data storage is dirt cheap. Its better than a dozen threads on the same subject. Lots of posters here had whinging threads at some point, myself included.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

No, yeah, I was done with this thread, but someone addressed me specifically (and they were mean! ) so I replied.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkHelmet82 View Post
    i was just looking for advice on antidepressents and people that use them.. my advice is constructive (usually) unlike some people on here who only spew negative remarks.
    Well, my advice since you are asking is you shouldn't be taking them longterm. I have family member who took them (for a short term, tragic event). They can definitely help to cope with severe stress or tragic events, but they really change your brain function. I can only describe it as making them "flat", which is unpleasant for people who live by the prowess of their minds. We also don't really know the longterm effects of them. Mind you deal with whatever underlying issue is causing you to need them. Take as little as you can to manage, which isn't necessarily what you medico says. Antidepressants are very over-prescribed, IMO.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Ah hell, Merry. Point made, let it percolate. Its only electrons and data storage is dirt cheap. Its better than a dozen threads on the same subject. Lots of posters here had whinging threads at some point, myself included.
    hmmmm We kinda have both in this case Inds.
    I wazzzz here

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHelmet82 View Post
    actually ive gotten some good responses past page two
    Good responses, but all derivations of the same responses already received. And I'm going to be honest, I stopped reading at page 2 and then skipped to the fun stuff.

The threads just need to be locked once they spiral down to name calling and bullying.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

sorry to reopen this but im just wondering if these meds are supposed to take this long to really work... im still depressed but apathetic. It just stops me from crying but I still feel like shit... It also makes everything I do boring. The normal things I used to enjoy are no longer fun :|

Hi DarkHelmet!

Trouble ist, ADs help you with your depression, they stabilize your mood, some of them numb you, some improve your motivation, some don't work at all or differently from how they are supposed to do. But ADs are no miracle drugs. They don't solve problems.

Unless your depression ist pureley endogenous, ADs won't make you feel happy in a few weeks. They can help you stabilize and give you the energy and motivation to cope with your problems, but until your underlying problems are solved you won't be happy. And solving these problems takes time.

Separating a partner (I assume that's why you're in the heartbreak forum^^) is similar to losing a very if the not most important person in your life. You need time to process, to grief. Ever heard of the 5 stages of grief (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%BCbler-Ross_model)? Some may apply to your situation.

I know, I often wish for an instant solution myself which makes me feel better - and I also tried ADs. I have suffered from severe depression for many years and I took ADs for several years, but unfortunately for me they did not work. I got numb and tired, but still felt bad. I just didn't feel my emotions as strongly as I would have without meds. Now I've been off meds for more than 6 months (the physical withdrawal was hell) and even after my recent breakup I refused to go back on again although my doctor wanted me to.

I am at a point in my life where I want to feel what I feel for I have learned that not feeling does not make those feelings disappear. They are still there and they linger around until you face them. I still suffer from depression but I am facing my emotions now, even the darkest ones. I want to learn to live through them and also through my constant anxiety, so they finally lose the fear they hold. I keep telling myself that it's just feelings and no matter how strong and awful they are, they will go away eventually and then there will be place for new, better ones. Holding this thought in my mind I managed to live through many intense "emotion attacks" recently and eventually even the pain gets better.

All I want to say is:
    You're stronger than you think, so be patient with yourself, let the meds kick in properly (it's only been 2 weeks till you started them if I am right), talk to your therapist, your doctor, your friends, post here and have the courage to face yourself with all that's inside of you at the moment. Unfortunately there is no miracle fix for none of us and you can never run from yourself. Believe me I tried!

Wish you all the best,
    Kyeema

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567