+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: antidepressents

antidepressents

anyone have experience with them? Dont want to just stop taking them.. I need to talk to the doctor.. but I dont know If i can make it through today.............

I feel like murdering someone now (im not a violent person) .. I am extremely irritable... Is this a normal side effect? IF so, I would rather be depressed.
    Last edited by DarkHelmet82; 28-06-11 at 10:00 PM.

Nah... I think you need to be a little angry for a while.. as long as you don't actully murder someone that is. Get yourself to the gym and take out your shit in the weight room.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

its more than anger.. its like I could stab someone and wouldnt care, my leg is constantly shaking (i think i just ran an equivlent of 10 miles while sitting down.) .... ill give it a few days i think... just wondering if its a normal reaction
    Last edited by DarkHelmet82; 28-06-11 at 10:25 PM.

what are you taking?
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

lexapro 10mg.. its supposed to be the cleanest.. i dont care about anything right now.. im almost in a manic state...
    Last edited by DarkHelmet82; 28-06-11 at 11:20 PM.

i almost like this... i feel like I could do anything.. Maybe on my lunch break ill approach the hottest woman I see and talk to her..

This is great i shoulda done this stuff earlier.. I feel like I could lose a limb and couldnt give two shits about it
    Last edited by DarkHelmet82; 28-06-11 at 11:57 PM.

Like you said, you need to talk to your doctor about this issue. Although the people here do give great advice, as far as I know none of them have a PhD.

Although, I do know exactly how you feel. The few times I have taken anti-depressants, I pretty much felt the same as you, granted I never felt like killing someone . They do make me forget a lot of my troubles, or at least not worry about them as much. Personally I feel like they are a crutch, and I hate to think that I need a pill to make myself feel good, which is why I wouldn't take them even if they were prescribed. They could work very well for you though, so talk to your doctor and figure out the best plan of action.
    Last edited by Lifetime; 29-06-11 at 12:10 AM.

now im freaking awesome... still couldnt care less about anything but Im happy as flies on shit. Actually I think Tremelo has a PHD.. lol

I didnt want to kill someone.. but I could have and not even cared... but to be honest I dont even remember how I was feeling at the time I wrote that.
    Last edited by DarkHelmet82; 29-06-11 at 03:12 AM.

You have to stick with them for a while dude. They can take 4-6 weeks to really kick in and start to work properly

If they are messing with your head too much go back and get the doc to switch them to a different type or lower the doseage

4-6 weeks? WTF... they dont make magic pills huh? Wheres the dude that sold Jack his beanstalk beans? I feel Apathy.. which I read was a side effect.. I will know when I get home if this medicine is really working.. I havent cried today so thats good lol

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHelmet82 View Post
    4-6 weeks? WTF... they dont make magic pills huh? Wheres the dude that sold Jack his beanstalk beans? I feel Apathy.. which I read was a side effect.. I will know when I get home if this medicine is really working.. I havent cried today so thats good lol
    Nah they don't. What you are feeling is the chemical change after a while that settles down and your emotions will stabalise down and that's when you get the true benefit from them

The whole point of them is to take away the highs and lows and create a healthier balance to your feelings

Quote Originally Posted by Horseyguy View Post
    Nah they don't. What you are feeling is the chemical change after a while that settles down and your emotions will stabalise down and that's when you get the true benefit from them

The whole point of them is to take away the highs and lows and create a healthier balance to your feelings
    Kinda sucks I need medicine to be normal.. makes me wonder if my life would be different now If i had done this years ago when I originally wanted too

No, you are normal you are just taking medication to get you through this stage you are at

Just make sure you address the underlying problem that causing the depression and you'll come out of this heaps better

And the AD's on there own wont help you, you really need to go find a good counsellor and start working on some of those cognitive behaviour skills

Seriously, if you want some hope here. Take the tablets, get some help and 4-6 weeks of counselling you will feal HEAPS better and by that time you will be well over your ex and focussed on how good you are feeling and then you will be a chic magnet

Quote Originally Posted by Horseyguy View Post
    No, you are normal you are just taking medication to get you through this stage you are at

Just make sure you address the underlying problem that causing the depression and you'll come out of this heaps better

And the AD's on there own wont help you, you really need to go find a good counsellor and start working on some of those cognitive behaviour skills

Seriously, if you want some hope here. Take the tablets, get some help and 4-6 weeks of counselling you will feal HEAPS better and by that time you will be well over your ex and focussed on how good you are feeling and then you will be a chic magnet
    Yeah I have an appt with another psychologist tomorrow... we will see how it goes... yeah I want to fix whats causing my issues. Would I still be with these women if I was healthy..... hmm who knows... then again the other question is would I have been with them in the first place?

I think the bigger question is would you have bumbed so badly if you had broken up with them after a month if you had your shit together.

But yeah, maybe if you felt 100% about yourself you wouldn't have settled for someone with major issues in the first place, who knows????

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast