+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Why are non-ghetto black men seen as very unattractive?

exactly why I used 9 out of 10 and not 10 out of 10(for the walmart uniform) and why I mentioned the high school/college) the age bracket makes the biggest difference
    Getting over a broken heart is like being on shrooms. -MaidenMinx

Ah yes, so you did.... so you did...
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

Never deal in absolutes because you will just get proven wrong

That's why I mentioned that there is an exception to every rule. Ba da bom
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

I've never heard of white men being seen as very unattractive. They all still seem to get women and have realtionships.

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I think most people would assume that he was talking about the black population in the US because of the country flag below his name. Oh, and yes it would be quite silly to assume that one cannot be a black man outside of the US. I have never heard of a black person refer to themselves as 'African-Australian', 'Afro-Aussie', 'African-Italian' or any other combination. That is why I couldn't figure out why it would be important for him to say "African-American" instead of black. His country flag says USA, he was referring to black people, so it is safe to assume that if he really wanted an opinion on what he posted he'd be referring to blacks in the USA. It seemed rather simple to me.

Anyone want to get this thread back on topic with responses that focus on why non ghetto black men are seen as very unattractive?
    Ummmmm May I point out that Australias Aborignals are also black? Personally, I thought being a global forum that people would realise that people from all over the world are going to give their opinion. OP basically stated at some point through the thread that opinions from outside the US were irrelevant to him.

From the perspective of looking at this forum as an International place he was not only racist but narrow minded. His issues are global if he just chose to look at it that way. He could have asked 'why are the nerdy seen as unnattractive?' or 'why do women go for bad boys?' Basically the same question but without the narrow view and something everyone could have commented on. He also could have posted a picture of himself and asked if he in particular was unattractive.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Quote Originally Posted by MaidenMinx View Post
    Ummmmm May I point out that Australias Aborignals are also black? Personally, I thought being a global forum that people would realise that people from all over the world are going to give their opinion. OP basically stated at some point through the thread that opinions from outside the US were irrelevant to him.

From the perspective of looking at this forum as an International place he was not only racist but narrow minded. His issues are global if he just chose to look at it that way. He could have asked 'why are the nerdy seen as unnattractive?' or 'why do women go for bad boys?' Basically the same question but without the narrow view and something everyone could have commented on. He also could have posted a picture of himself and asked if he in particular was unattractive.
    I never said that outside opinions were invalid. I said that I was speaking about America's black culture. That doesn't mean that people from other nations should be ignored. I have listen to outside opinions. Look at the first page, as I believe there are members from England giving their opinions. I never shot anyone's opinion down because of where they live.

Secondly as I have stated being non-ghetto does not mean you're a nerd. If that was the case then every black man who is not ghetto is a nerd regardless of his lifestyle. Would you honestly consider a black man in a rock band to be a nerd? The majority of people would say no. I recognized in the OP that ghetto black men are seen as bad boys, but to an extreme extent. There are black men who are country singers in my area. That's not nerdy nor is it ghetto. One of my of friends played on the high school football and was far from ghetto. Is he a nerd?

This is not as simple as bad boys vs good boys. A white man can be either bad or nice, but is still seen as a white man. A white man has more cultures to choose from to still be seen as a white man. A black man on the other hand has only one option to be black within his culture. No other race in America is so extremely limited about how people of that race behave in a culture.

Through personal experience I don't see the bad boy vs nice boy as visible in other races. I have seen plenty of nice guy white men, Asians, and Latin men find relationships. There is much less pressure on those men to be bad boys.

I could call you bias for how you have classified non-ghetto black men. However, I will give you a chance to answer my questions.
    Last edited by Franklin; 06-07-11 at 12:08 PM.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Frankly, Franklin (lol), its b/c the females aren't wired for ranging too far from their genetically-preferred mate. People commonly rank faces similar to their own as more attractive, trustworthy, etc. than average. There is research to support this:

[url=http://www.springerlink.com/content/4balrbrnkyddh85r/]SpringerLink - Current Psychology, Volume 18, Number 1[/url]

So, if you are a classy, non-ghetto black man, your best bet is to look for a classy, non-ghetto black woman. Beyond that, you are fighting the same 'chicks always go for the bad guys, not the nice guys' problem that men from ALL races experience. Its the same problem for women: guys always go for the hott girls, not the nerdy, smart girls.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Frankly, Franklin (lol), its b/c the females aren't wired for ranging too far from their genetically-preferred mate. People commonly rank faces similar to their own as more attractive, trustworthy, etc. than average. There is research to support this:

[url=http://www.springerlink.com/content/4balrbrnkyddh85r/]SpringerLink - Current Psychology, Volume 18, Number 1[/url]

So, if you are a classy, non-ghetto black man, your best bet is to look for a classy, non-ghetto black woman. Beyond that, you are fighting the same 'chicks always go for the bad guys, not the nice guys' problem that men from ALL races experience. Its the same problem for women: guys always go for the hott girls, not the nerdy, smart girls.

^ i really like girls like that, intelligence on a girl is a very beautiful thing!

A white man can be either bad or nice, but is still seen as a white man. A white man has more cultures to choose from to still be seen as a white man. A black man on the other hand has only one option to be black within his culture. No other race in America is so extremely limited about how people of that race behave in a culture.

lol I knew this was your opinion by how often you mentioned race.

I have a one question for you franklin. What race is obama, and what race is bob marley?
    Last edited by DannyH; 06-07-11 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post

There's only one issue with this theory. What I have witness is that non-ghetto black women are desire ghetto black men as I stated in the OP.

Again being non-ghetto does not mean a man is nice. A black man can still be a very disrespectful person without acting ghetto nor carrying himself as a ghetto man. Man doesn't need to be ghetto to be a player.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyH View Post
    A white man can be either bad or nice, but is still seen as a white man. A white man has more cultures to choose from to still be seen as a white man. A black man on the other hand has only one option to be black within his culture. No other race in America is so extremely limited about how people of that race behave in a culture.

lol I knew this was your opinion by how often you mentioned race.

I have a one question for you franklin. What race is obama, and what race is bob marley?
    Obama is half black and white. Who is Bob Marley?

singer songwriter...... [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdB-8eLEW8g[/url] He was a huge impact on American pop culture...
    Last edited by DannyH; 07-07-11 at 01:33 AM.

you dont know who bob marley is?

My thought exactly somebody so in to today's pop culture I mean "black culture" and he doesn't know bob marley.

good read for you franklin

[url]http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/jefferson/mixed/onedrop.html[/url]
    Last edited by DannyH; 07-07-11 at 01:59 AM.

I did not listen to much music when I was younger. In the past few years I recently started listening to music. I mostly listen to rock and pop that is not rap.

Make on topic. Through personal experience I've been labeled as a nice guy for not being ghetto. I'm not a yes man. I don't kiss anyone's ass. People say that I dress like a nice guy because I don't look like a black thug. People say that I need to learn how to act gangsta and dress like a thug. I wonder what the requirements are for a white man to dress to not be seen as a nice guy, I doubt there is such a code for men from other races. I have lost count about how many white guys I've seen in polos, button ups, and suits who have been called assholes just like white men who dress casual or less than casual.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast