+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Personality, I don't really have one.

Personality, I don't really have one.

This may sound interesting but sometimes i really cannot tell what is my real personality.
    I feel like a shell, I am what everybody need me to be. It seems I can not find my center , my core.
    Of course friends tell me , your friendly,cute,goofy,cool,helpful etc. But I want to find the core,don't you all feel like you change with every single people? For some who maybe don't understand the question i can give you an example, like i met i girl who was okey ant with her i was confident , making jokes, not thinking what to say , not really carring what she thinks it just seemed that everythingh I do will be perfect. And then when I'm with other girl i seem to be more shy, reserved even, self consious...

This is a very healthy question to ask yourself. The reason you're asking yourself this question is because you're young and you haven't lived long enough to truly get to know who you really are. Think of your siblings or your parents... you've probably spent much more time with them than your friends at school don't you think? And because of this, you've gotten to know your siblings or parents much better. Understanding who you are is the same concept.

So, what's your question? Are you wondering how to grow a personality?

Yes, i'm wondering why my personality changes with diffrent people and which one is the real one

Some people have a more flexible personality than others. You adapt to different situations. That's good.

Finding yourself is, largely, about maturing. Usually, just living will be enough to help you eventually figure out some of the more core details that make you distinctive. But right now, you are probably still establishing who you are: so the whole concept of identity just seems kind of amorphous.

To speed it along, you might try getting more involved in activities that you enjoy (are you an adrenaline junkie? Do you like art? Are you a music buff?). You may find something that you are unexpectedly passionate about. You can use that to identify the parts of you that stay consistent, regardless of who you are with. =)

sadie_genie Guest
    Why do you want to fix yourself to one kind of personality/character. Most people are complicated and different situations should trigger different responses.

Thanks to everyone for the comments ) Answers were very helpful.

You know it's good that you even care that you don't have a PERSONALITY. Some people just go through life and don't even realize their short comings. I'm probably older then you and most of time i feel like I'm not myself and just someone else shaped by
    everyone else. I can't give advice but Ican relate to your feelings. I've always had someone with me. Either family, boyfriends, friends, or ex-husband. I never knew what I was really like. My personality, is it mine or theirs. Obviously, my family played a BIG
    part in it. I've taken a piece of everyone else, too. You just have to take sometime and be alone with yourself and reflect on things. Yea, you might not have experienced everything yet if your real young, but you should know what your interests and hobbies
    are. Don't lose these. If you like something or a way someone else is, then maybe add that to your personality. It won't mean your have their exact personality. Your still you, just more diverse. Make sense?

Quick question for each group of people you hang out with do you go by a different name? Like me I could go by danny dan or daniel.
    Last edited by DannyH; 09-07-11 at 01:27 PM.
    Getting over a broken heart is like being on shrooms. -MaidenMinx

Yeah it really does, i'm happy that someone else feels and notices these things also.
    Thank you!

I don't understand you Danny DD

I am exactly the same mate. I AM a different ME for every person I come into contact with. I 'adapt' I guess to any given person except some people make me so terribly shy and I don't know why.

clueless, "i feel like I'm not myself and just someone else shaped by everyone else." Very well put, i love it.

So yes, your not alone.