+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First love

To their clients faces? Not sure what is wrong with you but you're really not helping here.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Not unless the patient is absolutely pathetic or the doctor is a jerk, no. And neither of those things seem to be the case here. 4 years is a very long time for a short relationship, but it's a psychologist's job to be confronted with similar things over and over again. After 5 years of psychology studies, one thing this has taught me is that if one person considers something to be so hard for them that they need help with it, then that is reason enough for them to get help and be treated. Doesn't matter how minor the issue might seem to anybody else.

sadie_genie Guest
    Oh..man...I just checked. Psychistrist service is covered but not psychologists.

yes it is.. its the same type of thing....

A psychologist has a Doctorate where psychiatrist is an MD... A psychiatrist will treat you with meds.. which you may or may not need... I would make sure you cant just go to a psychologist.... that seems odd.

Hmm, must be that psychologists are not considered health care providers as such by your plan.
    A psychologist would make more sense in your case, but if you really do want therapeutic assistance, go to your GP first. He can refer you to somebody else, and you can let him know what all is covered by your plan.

I'm not saying definitely go see somebody, of course. Only if you really feel you can't do it this way and deal with it on your own.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by pisces25 View Post
    To their clients faces? Not sure what is wrong with you but you're really not helping here.
    nope, behind their backs
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

tremolo Guest
    Just don't go see a psycho-dynamicist. They will read all kinds of Freudian bullshit into your past, and it probably won't be helpful.

cognitive behavior therapy allegedly works.. HG gave me some lessons on it this morning..

Sometimes you just need to talk to a professional.. talking on here is nice but to be honest nobody on here is professional.. you can self diagnose yourself. leave it to the pros.

Lets say you have a brain tumor.. are you going to do surgery on yourself or leave it to the doctor? You wouldnt question him would you?

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    ever tried dating doctors?
    you better not be serious!!!! the doctor will laugh at it guaranteed!

the best way to get over someone is to get under a doctor!
    That's funny sonrisa , I wonder if you know what you're talking about and why it's funny Think think think , BJ maybe?
    I wazzzz here

nope, behind their backs
    Who gives a ****?
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

tremolo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkHelmet82 View Post
    cognitive behavior therapy allegedly works.. HG gave me some lessons on it this morning..

Sometimes you just need to talk to a professional.. talking on here is nice but to be honest nobody on here is professional.. you can self diagnose yourself. leave it to the pros.

Lets say you have a brain tumor.. are you going to do surgery on yourself or leave it to the doctor? You wouldnt question him would you?
    I've seen two CBT therapists, and they've both been great. It really does work.

Quote Originally Posted by tremolo View Post
    I've seen two CBT therapists, and they've both been great. It really does work.
    what is CBT therapist ?? if it works i wanted to try too

tremolo Guest
    The basic principle behind CBT therapy is that your mental state and your behavior are directly linked. The idea is, crudely, that if you can't change your mental state by sheer willing, you can change it by first changing your behavior.

For instance, a germophobe might have an irrational fear of toilets - a fear which prevents him from going to the bathroom. Because he can't simply let go of that fear, which is deeply ingrained in him, a CBT therapist might prompt him one day to simply touch the toilet with his bare finger. This will trigger the patient's anxiety, but if he manages to do it, he'll learn by experience that what he feared would happen if he touched the toilet - i.e., he catches germs and gets sick - didn't actually happen, and his fear was irrational. On the next occasion, the therapist might ask him to rest his hand on the toilet of a number of seconds. On each occasion, the patient will deal more directly with what he fears - perhaps until he manages to actually sit on the toilet - and he'll acquire a more realistic perception about the object of his fear.

That's a pretty specific example, but I think you get the gist of it.
    Last edited by tremolo; 01-07-11 at 11:53 AM.

wow sounds interesting might want to try to heal my broken wounds

I will never get over my first love. I still visit her and drop flowers off even after like 17 years.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12