+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First love

sadie_genie Guest

First love

Is it normal to never get over your first love? I saw a picture of him today over facebook feed and then spent 45 minutes panicking over nothing. His seductive glance and confident manner is to die for. I thought I have gotten over him since we have dated 4 years ago. We only dated for one month but I have obsessed over him for over a year afterwards. I was so obsessed that I thought I had serious mental problems. I was naive and became infatuated with him. I have dated several other guys afterwards and even had a long term relationship (long term as it lasted for over a year). But the feelings came flowing back when his picture just pop out of the blue. What should I do? Don't tell me to go to a psychiatrist. I don't think it is covered under my medicare plan.

tremolo Guest
    I saw some pictures of my first love online a few months ago. Like you, I was head over heels for him and had seriously dated several other guys after him. But my heart still stopped. I have no idea why.

sadie_genie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tremolo View Post
    I saw some pictures of my first love online a few months ago. Like you, I was head over heels for him and had seriously dated several other guys after him. But my heart still stopped. I have no idea why.
    Phew. It is good to know I am not the only one. This means the chances are, I am normal.

Ask yourself this.....did you ever properly "get over" him? Just because you dated some other guys doesn't mean you were over the first. People would suggest you seeing a professional because apparently you can't take the necessary steps to move on from the guy. First loves are tough, but 4 years ago for a 1 month relationship in which you were infatuated......I think you may need some help moving on.

sadie_genie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by IncognitoSir View Post
    Ask yourself this.....did you ever properly "get over" him? Just because you dated some other guys doesn't mean you were over the first. People would suggest you seeing a professional because apparently you can't take the necessary steps to move on from the guy. First loves are tough, but 4 years ago for a 1 month relationship in which you were infatuated......I think you may need some help moving on.
    Well, I am not still thinking about him everyday. In fact, I haven't thought of him for a very long time. It is just when I saw his picture unexpectantly. What does properly getting over him means?

tremolo Guest
    Was he the first person you slept with? That can have quite an effect. I know how you feel, because after my ex broke my heart, and after I found out a whole lot of shady, disgusting stuff he got up to afterward, I got 'over' him pretty quickly. But when I was googling him out of curiosity several years later, I found him on a modeling agency website and when I looked up the pictures, a whole rush of feelings came flooding back. They didn't last long - I thought about him for maybe a day or two. But yeah. It was hard to see those pictures. They brought back a whole bunch of memories.

sadie_genie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tremolo View Post
    Was he the first person you slept with? That can have quite an effect. I know how you feel, because after my ex broke my heart, and after I found out a whole lot of shady, disgusting stuff he got up to afterward, I got 'over' him pretty quickly. But when I was googling him out of curiosity several years later, I found him on a modeling agency website and when I looked up the pictures, a whole rush of feelings came flooding back. They didn't last long - I thought about him for maybe a day or two. But yeah. It was hard to see those pictures. They brought back a whole bunch of memories.
    No, he wasn't the first person I slept with. In fact, he was the ONLY one who I never became physically intimate with. He wanted to but it was too early for me.

I feel as if he was the one who got away.
    Last edited by sadie_genie; 30-06-11 at 09:29 AM.

tremolo Guest
    Well there goes my theory. Haha.

sadie_genie Guest
    I just want to fall in love again so someone can take his place but it has become really hard for me. I have just become pickier and more cynical than before. I am still distressed.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by sadie_genie View Post
    I just want to fall in love again so someone can take his place but it has become really hard for me. I have just become pickier and more cynical than before. I am still distressed.
    ever tried dating doctors?
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

sadie_genie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    ever tried dating doctors?
    Hmmm..i just googled and it says it is covered under my health plan. I don't know if I should go though. I might get laughed at. Is it silly?

Plus, if the doctor does take it seriously, I don't want to take drugs for it. They like to prescribe drugs for everything.
    Last edited by sadie_genie; 30-06-11 at 10:21 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by sadie_genie View Post
    Hmmm..i just googled and it says it is covered under my health plan. I don't know if I should go though. I might get laughed at. Is it silly?

Plus, if the doctor does take it seriously, I don't want to take drugs for it. They like to prescribe drugs for everything.
    you better not be serious!!!! the doctor will laugh at it guaranteed!

the best way to get over someone is to get under a doctor!

You won't get laughed at. But I would probably suggest a pyschologist rather than a pyschiatrist it sounds more pyschological unless you are exhibiting strange behaviour that needs meds. The therapist will help you understand why you are not able to move on.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

sadie_genie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pisces25 View Post
    You won't get laughed at. But I would probably suggest a pyschologist rather than a pyschiatrist it sounds more pyschological unless you are exhibiting strange behaviour that needs meds. The therapist will help you understand why you are not able to move on.
    Ok, thanks!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by pisces25 View Post
    oh please tell that you know doctors personally and that they don't laugh about their cases!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast