+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How should I go about meeting this new girl

How should I go about meeting this new girl

So my friend has this friend that she was trying to set me up with. I personally, hate the term 'set up' because it immediately adds pressure to the situation.

But basically she works with this girl and told me about how we have a few common interest and are the same age. I, still, at this point, am out, because I hate being set up.

Then she offers to show me her on fb. And I see why I should meet her. This girl is gorgeous. Like. Turn heads as she walks down the street. Add to it the fact that she's smart enough to work with my friend at this top notch company, and yeah. She's pretty attractive.

The problem here is that this really puts me out of my comfort zone. Don't get me wrong. I'm no slouch, and it's not like I never will start a conversation. But I will admit, a girl like this will probably intimidate me. Call it confidence issues if you want, Idk.

I know I have an in with the mutual friendship with my friend and I could get some background info. Also I could bypass any awkward one on one meeting by meeting them in a group and using my friend as an excuse. But it also would put pressure on the situation, because my friend would be around, and I know my friend has metioned me to her jus like she mentioned her to me.

I have an opportunity to meet them in a group tomorrow after work for drinks. I know I basically have to or face being that guy that was too scared to talk to the girl. But I also don't want to meet up with some girl that is only meeting me because my friend has told her to. I know my friend thinks I'm a good guy, but I don't want to get the wrong idea from this really attractive girl because my friend has told her that I'm a good guy.

How should I go about this situation. Just looking for some opinions.

dude just act natural.. All my gfs have been way hotter than me.. but remember.. hot women are crazy..

its called the "crazy hot scale." The hotter they are the crazier they are. Its a fact.. they did studies on it somewhere in switzerland by D. jusmayditup and dr. itculdbtru

lol i dont know about research but i tend to find that theory to be pretty accurate.

Lol that response reminds me of a chapter from a book I read....

When lookin for women...
    Hot
    Sane
    Single
    Pick 2. All 3 don't exist. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHelmet82 View Post
    its called the "crazy hot scale." The hotter they are the crazier they are. Its a fact.. they did studies on it somewhere in switzerland by D. jusmayditup and dr. itculdbtru
    Have to agree. My ex GF was drop dead gorgeous with tits and a body to die for. But a real bunny boiler.

Then what about the ugly nutters? :p

Be you. That's all you have to do. She is a person, you is a person... what's the problem?
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

rofl at this day and age I think sanity is a myth everybody is just a little bit nuts in their own special little way. be yourself have fun and don't get to toasted in front of her.