+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The July NC Challenge

I'm in.

Although i've had my ex's number blocked on my phone and my number changed ! So it shouldn't be to difficult, Plus she's blocked on facebook.

No Contact is the only method to repair anything, And most importantly, Repair yourself.

Oh.... this is going to be fun to watch.

Day two. Haha. Tried to chat it up with an attractive blond last night and crashed and burned. No worries. I'm on my feet and there's more life to live!

Quote Originally Posted by senokotmax View Post
    I still check out her Facebook on a daily basis by logging into my mum's account. Mum has no idea I have her password.

I'll really be able to move on when I ask mum to change her password... but I'm just not ready for that yet. One day I'll log in and see her with another man and it will break me. This cannot end well.
    I hear you on the Facebook thing. It's so hard not to wonder. I blocked my ex for a few months in order to get that habit out of my system because it was almost automatic. But checking it will only bring you more pain. Last time I looked I saw a photo of him with his previous ex at an event that we were going to go to. It was so gut wrenching because it was only a couple weeks after the breakup. It still makes me cry when I think about it.

Do your best to stop looking because like I said it doesn't do any good. I know it's hard. I still peek at his relationship status every two or three weeks to see if things are official with the girl he is seeing.

I think Facebook needs to be included with NC because even though you're not talking to them you're still engaging in their life where if you can block it out completely you'll move on a lot quicker.
    Ted, how do I explain this to you. Last night, I ate the best cake of my life. Do you think I'm gonna let that cake out of my life? Hell no. I'm gonna find out what bakery made that cake and I'm gonna get some more cake.

I agree re the FB stuff. I stupidly kept bringing up my ex's FB front page, I defriended him when we split. Anyway I could still see his friends list and that's when I discovered who his new girlfriend is and let me tell you it was the single most painful shock I have had in my life. The pain in my chest felt like I was going to burst into flames. So don't look at FB, it's conterproductive and holds you back. No contact should be all encompassing!

I'm in! Now I just hope she doesn't contact me this month, or else I'll probably be out.

Got extremely drunk last night and sent her a few texts. Yep, 2nd July and I fail. Dammit! Her number seems to be carved into the back of my eyeballs and comes out to play when I am intoxicated.

Nevermind, today is day 1 again for me....!

I need to stop checking her FB. Keep seeing photos of her and missing her... I have to get her back but I can't figure out how to do it!!!

i got a happy bday text from her on the 1st and didnt reply

Quote Originally Posted by OmnicronPercei8 View Post
    Day two. Haha. Tried to chat it up with an attractive blond last night and crashed and burned. No worries. I'm on my feet and there's more life to live!
    Great attitude, back in the game my friend, no point wasting time wallowing!

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    How come noone has tried the 'deliberate asshole' method when an ex contacts you? Seems to me a really good way to make them stop bugging you.

Ex: Hey, happy birthday, thinking of you!

You: Hey, I just pissed all over our first anniversary pic! LOL, thinking of you too!
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

my ex wants to meet up 3 weeks after the breakup, I have too many thoughts on my mind, so I think I might just ignore her for now.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    How come noone has tried the 'deliberate asshole' method when an ex contacts you? Seems to me a really good way to make them stop bugging you.

Ex: Hey, happy birthday, thinking of you!

You: Hey, I just pissed all over our first anniversary pic! LOL, thinking of you too!
    If you dated some of the women I have you would know that would be a good way to get a few extra holes in your body.
    Getting over a broken heart is like being on shrooms. -MaidenMinx

Day 3 is it? I felt like I really wanted to text her to night to just let her know I miss her, but I've told her all that before. Really feeling the loneliness of this holiday without her knowing that she would have been in my arms tonight had we still been together.

I'm in. Although I started day 1 yesterday as we broke up on Saturday We were together for 11 months but had an on-going issue which couldn't be resolved. Which sucks a bit coz I love everything else about him. Feel like texting to saying I miss him and stuff but am not going to. I am not on FB so thankfully I don't have to worry about that. One of my friends has him as a friend but I told her I don't want to know ANYTHING he updates about, new girls, etc.

Have deleted all photos, emails, email address, phone number.

I will probably need to txt or email him (these are both embedded in my mind so even though deleted I can still get in touch) as I have stuff at his house and will need to collect it but that can't be helped I don't consider that part of breaking no contact. He emailed me yesterday but I didn't respond.

Good luck everyone it is so nice having a support crew.

Well done Omni for resisting the urge to text her. And well done to everyone else. Don't worry if you slip up, just put it down to a mistake and start the next day fresh.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Text her yesterday saying "if I killed myself tonight, would you even blink?". No reply. She clearly does not care for me at all (killing myself isn't an option and I'm not the sort to do or say things like that).

I just don't understand how it got to this point where she cares so little and I mean nothing to her at all.

Monday 4th July = DAY ONE!!!

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast