+ Follow This Topic
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: The July NC Challenge

Day 9 of NC...... 5 months of being broken up

So she called me to ask if I was still making car payments... I took my name off of the car along with everything else i didn't take with me 4 months back. whatever she kept she pays for along with her new bills. mortgage and utilities.. Ironic. she thought I was sitting at home broke when I was setting up shop with a few side projects to make cash. So her coworkers thought I was a broke loser who was holding her back when in all actuality I was paying all my bills and hers. I feel bad but can't stop laughing.
    Getting over a broken heart is like being on shrooms. -MaidenMinx

I didn't check his facebook at all yesterday, the first day I haven't since we broke up. I think that's progress. I need to stop myself going on it full stop, his girlfriend is back from holiday today and he's going to hers tonight... my imagination of the two of them is bad enough but I can't read anymore of their lovey comments.. it shatters me every time and I still continue to torture myself with them. I definitely cannot handle seeing a picture of them together... or kissing :/ so no more looking, not for anything.

yeah we went from no contact to spewing hateful texts back and fourth. I will never be talking to her again.. at least not in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Emmalina View Post
    I didn't check his facebook at all yesterday, the first day I haven't since we broke up. I think that's progress. I need to stop myself going on it full stop, his girlfriend is back from holiday today and he's going to hers tonight... my imagination of the two of them is bad enough but I can't read anymore of their lovey comments.. it shatters me every time and I still continue to torture myself with them. I definitely cannot handle seeing a picture of them together... or kissing :/ so no more looking, not for anything.
    My advice is to block them both!! Now! Its not healthy. I did it for four months. Then decided it had to stop. Feel a million times better for it... although at first it feels like an itch that you cannot reach to scratch!

At first I just blocked my ex's status updates, etc from appearing on my newsfeed, but I was the same and couldn't help but keep checking her profile out. I eventually unfriended my ex weeks ago because she had posted pictures of her and her new boyfriend together kissing. I couldn't stand to see it. She said she actually took offense to the fact that I did that because I did it "without warning" so she was sitting there apparently thinking I hated her. I didn't block her completely and can still see her profile pic if I look her up. Mercifully she changed the picture to just one of her holding her son. It's a very good picture of her and she has a very nice smile in it, but I realize that she's smiling for her boyfriend and it makes me sad all over again. I just don't look anymore. I have a flash drive full of pictures if I want to see her face again and I'm about ready to put it in the shoebox and out of sight for a long time.

Facebook is evil during breakups. Just stop using it for the time being or have a bit of self control and only look at your own friends updates, photos etc. I discovered the ID of my ex's new love interest by snooping in his partially unlocked profile.... One of the worst moments of my life so far. Wish I didn't know!!!!!!!

Day 5! All good Been Reading really good book called Its called a break up cos it's broken by Greg and Amiira Bernhardt. Recommend it!!

Day 8. Getting easier day by day. Hopefully in a couple more weeks I'll be able to move completely past this, and it will be just a bad memory.

I've blocked them both.. couldn't deal with seeing the outcome of tonight, any pictures they'd no doubt put up. This is awful, it's not right to be cutting yourself so completely off from someone you've been so close to for 2 years. I feel sick, I don't want this at all.

Day 5. Still on my mind a little. Have to pick up my stuff, dreading that.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Pisces, can you send a friend? Just see if he'll leave it out on the doorstep right before you come over so you don't have to see him

Well a strange thing happened where I told him I would be going on Friday to get my bike and a plastic bag of knick-knacks. He said 'ok liaise with my mum I can't see you right now' so I said I would (planning to text her tomorrow to say I'd be there 4pm Friday so she can have my things ready). Then Sunday night I got a txt from his sister saying 'Your stuff is with me, come and collect or I will drop it off' and I said 'oh ok, even the bike?' and she said 'no not the bike, just the plastic bag'. So now I need to make a trip to hers which I am doing tomorrow night with a friend, and then to his Friday anyway to get the bike. Seems strange that he'd pass my stuff on to his sister knowing I had to get the bike from his? Anyway a friend is coming with me both times so it will hopefully be ok. Just scared to face his family, as I was the one that broke it off and I don't want them asking questions or being mad at me I guess..
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Don't worry what they think. If this is your chosen path you'll probably never see them again unless you're interested in keeping a friendship going with the sister or something. I ran into my daughter's grandmother yesterday. When I was with her mom I tried to be overly polite and talkative to her, but she is a very rude and stuck up woman so it was a hard relationship to incur. I said hello and how are you, and that was good enough for me. I have nothing to prove to her that I haven't proved by just being a good father to my daughter. I could care less what she thinks of me all in all really. You should feel the same

I get along really well with the whole family (apparantly I am the first GF his mum has actually approved of/liked) so it is just going to feel a bit weird seeing them again. Not sure what is going to happen. They were well aware of the problems we were having so it probably didn't come as too much of a shock what inevitably happened. Guess it's just something I'd rather NOT do (but isn't that most of what life is about anyway?!)

Day 2 and I'm still sooking over the way she treated me on Friday and feeling a little guilty for dumping her on the street half drunk to catch a train even though she totally deserved it.

Downloaded iBlacklist for my iphone so I can block any calls or texts from her.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast