+ Follow This Topic
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The July NC Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Horseyguy View Post
    Day 2 and I'm still sooking over the way she treated me on Friday and feeling a little guilty for dumping her on the street half drunk to catch a train even though she totally deserved it.

Downloaded iBlacklist for my iphone so I can block any calls or texts from her.
    i should get that too.. didnt know they had that app.. I feel bad for what i did too.. I let my ex have it, maybe in a few months ill apologize maybe not...

Quote Originally Posted by Emmalina View Post
    I didn't check his facebook at all yesterday, the first day I haven't since we broke up. I think that's progress. I need to stop myself going on it full stop, his girlfriend is back from holiday today and he's going to hers tonight... my imagination of the two of them is bad enough but I can't read anymore of their lovey comments.. it shatters me every time and I still continue to torture myself with them. I definitely cannot handle seeing a picture of them together... or kissing :/ so no more looking, not for anything.
    Hang In There !

You have to block them from your facebook. By checking up on them both you aren't giving your body the time it needs in order to heal. I blocked my ex a few weeks ago because i knew if i saw a picture of her with someone else or messages all loved up that it would hit me like a ton of bricks, By removing all methods of contact, And all methods to being able to check up on them, It certainly allows your body the time it needs to heal. I'm on week 3 of no contact, And i can surely tell you that it does get a lot better through time.

Keep you chin up as well, I got into an awful stage of depression and i still am in that stage, But the pain has gotten so much easier and i have basically moved on now. Just live for the future and not dwell on the past.

You sound a nice person, You'll pick your self up, You'll look back on this in a few months and kick your self for torturing yourself over it.

Best of luck !

Since last emailing her a little bit last Thursday afternoon, I haven't spoken to her since. Nothing new as all of our communications have pretty much been the same: sucks we didn't work out, maybe one day we can be friends, but totally understanding of why I can't be right now. I did send her a gmail letter on Friday apologizing for some of my shortcomings. I have no idea if she's even seen it. I don't plan on bringing it to her attention and she may never read it which is fine by me. I don't really need or want a reply. (OK scratch that - within the writing of this she actually responded. Not really saying anything she hasn't said already though. I replied briefly and that puts me back to day 0 lol)

I think I am making progress along this process of healing. I didn't think of her when I woke up this morning which is rare but becoming more common, but thing is, I didn't wake up early and unable to go back to sleep. Instead I slept soundly until my alarm and even hit snooze a couple of times while I dozed right back off. This is the first time I've done this since our break up. You don't know how much a reprieve that is! Hoping my healthy appetite returns soon. I've lost almost ten pounds since the break. I find myself smiling and laughing more than I have in almost two months and I feel one day soon even the sight of passing her in the aisle won't do anything for me.

Day 6.
    Returned to work after 6 days off. Opended my email inbox and found an email from my
    ex dated last Wednesday morning..... I sent the no contact message to him on Wednesday night. No contact since his reply to that.
    Feel ok! It's almost a relief not to be sitting "waiting" for him to contact me as I have to admit I have been doing for months now. I'd like to think that he has the urge to contact me still but knows not to as it's not welcome anymore. Of course I miss him, but I guess smokers miss cigarettes when they first give up smoking. The contact from him was an addiction and addictions aren't healthy! I'm weaning myself off him properly for the first time since the break up 3 months ago. I have to imagine that given he instigated 99.9% of the contact with me that this sudden withdrawal by me will be weird for him too.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHelmet82 View Post
    i should get that too.. didnt know they had that app.. I feel bad for what i did too.. I let my ex have it, maybe in a few months ill apologize maybe not...
    It's a jailbroken app. Has served me well enough in the past so I would recommend it. I'd use it myself if I even knew my ex's number.

I don't know if this counts as breaking NC. If it is, then I'm back to day 1, if not then today is day 9.

Last night a little past midnight I received a call from an unknown number. I answered, said hello a few times, nobody said anything, so I hung up.

Few minutes later ex texts me saying, "Hope you're doing well... Hope you're happy and doing good"

I text back, "I'm good, thanks."

She replies, "Glad to hear that."

I didn't say anything back. No idea what's going on in her head. She told me we could never be just friends, and I'm trying to move on so I can forget about her.

What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Renwo View Post
    I don't know if this counts as breaking NC. If it is, then I'm back to day 1, if not then today is day 9.

Last night a little past midnight I received a call from an unknown number. I answered, said hello a few times, nobody said anything, so I hung up.

Few minutes later ex texts me saying, "Hope you're doing well... Hope you're happy and doing good"

I text back, "I'm good, thanks."

She replies, "Glad to hear that."

I didn't say anything back. No idea what's going on in her head. She told me we could never be just friends, and I'm trying to move on so I can forget about her.

What do you guys think?
    She's obviously missing you. That was my first thought.

Today is my official Day ONE after laying all demons to rest with her yesterday. Now I feel I can move on. I just need to figure out how. 7.34pm on day one and no urges to contact.

Quote Originally Posted by senokotmax View Post
    Today is my official Day ONE after laying all demons to rest with her yesterday. Now I feel I can move on. I just need to figure out how. 7.34pm on day one and no urges to contact.
    yeah i know what you mean.. for some odd reason I feel good after letting her know how much of a lying bitch she was... of course she denyed it and doesnt want to talk to me anymore.. but I feel good about it because we werent really talking anyway lol

There is an odd sense of achievement when u finally decide to start no contact. Be warned that you won't always feel so upbeat and strong about it and if you ever feel ur resolve weakening come on here and have a rant or moan. Do not contact your ex! Give it 2 months at least if at all possible. Show your ex you mean business, she will be curious as hell about where u disappeared from and why are u not putting up a fight to keep her! It's all about not feeding her ego whilst strengthening ur own esteem. Good luck!

Broke NC today for something stupid that I just felt I had to share with her. Day two and broken.

Start again tomorrow.

Why do i still care

Failed last night. Day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHelmet82 View Post
    Why do i still care
    Because you keep on telling yourself that. Ask yourself, is he/she really worth caring for? Block the thoughts which make you feel that way.

Quote Originally Posted by sting3r View Post
    Because you keep on telling yourself that. Ask yourself, is he/she really worth caring for? Block the thoughts which make you feel that way.
    i know what i have to do and just cannot seem to do it. Ive seriously tried everything.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast