+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The July NC Challenge

The July NC Challenge

As it is the first day of the month, and so many of us struggling with NC here.

May I suggest we all attempt to go through the ENTIRE month of July without breaking the NC rule. At the end of the month, reassess. I'll bet we all feel much much better by July 31st and be well on our way to moving on.

Keep us posted in here about your progress and how you are coping with it - we can get through this together! Lord knows it will help me to achieve it!

I'm going to be like Kramer in the Seinfeld episode about the masturbation challenge. LOL out in minutes! Hopefully I'm only kidding but the new possibilities that can open up this month are a good thing. Potentials for me = new job, one more month of healing under my belt, and a potential for a new love interest. There's a very cute girl in my class that looks like Rachael McAdams

Lol pretty sure I won't have an issue this month. Last email I got was Wednesday and it was basically a huge wall of fu. all because I called her dad to bail her ass out when she called drunk from the police station. Which was what a couple weeks ago or something like that. No point to even bother trying to respond to it just better to move on to somebody a tad bit more what's the word.... oh yeah stable. I don't even get the change either. She went from normal to breakup mode to no contact, to contact to full fledged psycho. So me doing nc shouldn't be a problem.

Ugh, I'm in. Shouldn't be that hard either I guess, stuff happened just a week ago that made me very sure I don't want anythign to do with him anymore, but then the nice memories do pop up once in a while. The only issue that might appear is that I'm moving to his city next week where I only know him (and a handful of his friends, some very nice but I don't want to put them in a weird position by asking to meet up) and in a moment of loneliness I might be tempted to want to see a familiar soul...

Count me in

tremolo Guest
    Won't be a problem for me, as I have nothing left to say to my ex!

well I fail she apologized and I replied.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyH View Post
    well I fail she apologized and I replied.
    Not necessarily a fail, my understanding was the rules of NC allows you to reply to their advances but to not ask questions to initiate a further reply. Such as "ok no problem" would be an acceptable reply whereas "that's fine but why are you sorry?" would not be...?

my reply was. why are you sorry and why are you destroying yourself you don't need to ruin your job and life over something that can never work out. You never have gotten that drunk before let alone brought in by the police why start now?

yeah time for a hike with loud music then come home and hit the bags.
    Last edited by DannyH; 02-07-11 at 12:31 AM.

What a damn day for real. She calls me from a friends line since I have her number blocked and we talk. Well mostly she talks She explained what was going on through her head how her friend's break up effected her since we both were pretty much the same he friend is like her and her friend's bf is like me... sort of (mostly in how we dress and what we like but I can't stand the prick) She thought I wasn't going to marry her(I was already had the ring bought was gonna do it in the spring when work picked back up) and leave her like that dude left her friend. Then her grandfather died. That was like the final straw her life had to change to get what she wanted. She wants me out so I left. I left the ring at the house in the basement. When she got pissy drunk the morning she was cleaning the basement and found the ring. The other email she wrote she was drunk for as well. Still upset about kicking me out for pretty much all the wrong reasons. Now she is balling her eyes out(the real stuff too not the fake I'm gonna try to make you feel bad tears). I never heard so many I'm sorry's in my life. She wants me back in her life. If not together at least as friends....... I told her the truth that this whole thing completely mind f*cked me hard. I had to leave the damn state. How could I just go back to normal after something like that. I need time gotta get my head straight. How about at least friends she says again... How would that even be fair to either of us. I know I wouldn't be able to stand knowing who you date and what you do and I am damn sure you remember what I was like before we got together.(I got around but only with women who wanted the same thing) I know you couldn't handle that. We wouldn't get the chance to try to be happy on our own terms and get back to our old selves. I still love you and all but this is a complete craphouse I need some time.
    her final words I completely understand I won't contact you when your ready contact me.

who wants to share a padded cell? seriously I don't know if I feel good or bad or what I'm just completely all wtf. If it came off as insincere or fake I would of known but it was damn genuine. That is what kills me. At least now I can start no contact and try to figure stuff out again. It was easier when I was actually pissed off.

count me in.. unless i see her at the poker game

Well I made it through today w/o contact and she will not contact me via text or personal email anymore. I won't go back to work until the 6th so I'll have NC until then! I amused myself today by rereading old saved chat logs from gmail. When I got to the ones where we first started fighting it put a lot into perspective for me. I am starting to come around to the fact that she wasn't as good to me as I needed. I had been needing to feel that love for so long that as long as we made up and she was nice again, I'd forget all the crap she had said or done out of love and forgiveness. Now I'm kind on the outside of the bubble looking and it was frustrating then! How did I get so emotionally wrapped up into a girl I was ready to walk away from several months ago?

I'll have a bit of this! Reckon it shouldnt be that hard at this stage, almost 2 weeks now anyway..

Two months under my belt. I don't know how I will handle this after summer though. I'm probably going to be seeing her around. Ignore her? say hi? what to say? Anyway I still have time. Going strong.

I still check out her Facebook on a daily basis by logging into my mum's account. Mum has no idea I have her password.

I'll really be able to move on when I ask mum to change her password... but I'm just not ready for that yet. One day I'll log in and see her with another man and it will break me. This cannot end well.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast