+ Follow This Topic
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The July NC Challenge

Today = Day Two!!!

Was out clubbing last night and kissed with two different girls, gave a girl my number and asked her to contact me if she wanted me to take her for dinner, and got another (really hot) girl's Facebook details and added her.

I feel amazing!!!!!!!!

My ex was the only girl I had ever kissed in my whole life, up til about 13 hours ago. Temptation to text me ex saying "just so you know......." but I won't! That's not what it is about...

Go you! Glad ur out enjoying urself Defo don't contact ur ex!!! Bad move and would backfire for sure. Will make u look a bit pathetic when u r definitely not!

Quote Originally Posted by Horseyguy View Post
    I meant downhill as in an easy run (as in skiing / walking / riding a bike) as opposed to all being uphill which is a hell of a lot harder to do

Point being I'm starting to find it a lot lot easier now it's been over two months and I still miss her sometimes but I've got to the point where I know I'm better not being with her than I will ever be being back with her

Way too many issues for me and way too selfish and self-centred and I'm done dating an alcoholic, it's just way too draining

And the fact I'm actually happy that I'm not getting any contact from her anymore pretty much sums up how I feel
    ah sorry! Good for u! Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by JennaBella View Post
    Go you! Glad ur out enjoying urself Defo don't contact ur ex!!! Bad move and would backfire for sure. Will make u look a bit pathetic when u r definitely not!
    I text her Friday asking if there was definitely no chance and if there was anything I could do. She said there was no chance, ever, and there was nothing that I could do...

So I took a big step last night!!!

Day 11. Nearly faulted yesterday feeling tired but resisted. I know it will be just a quick fix.

My friend said when we are H.A.L.T (hungry, angry, lonely or tired) those are the times we feel like contacting our ex the most. And I have noticed this pattern with myself. So once you recognise one of these moods try and snap out of it. Contacting will set you back.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

So I 'failed' at Day 26 because he wrote to me and wants to meet up and talk about some things. I haven't seen him at all face to face since several weeks before he broke up with me (via webcam), so am definitely going to do this. Even if he just explains what happened to my face, it's the least I deserve I think.
    Although I am trying very hard not to give in to the temptation to interpret this in any positive light, I don't want to be completely crushed afterwards. I'll do my best to push the whole thought of the meet away until it happens, although that will be hard...

Day Three...

Well I contacted my ex with this email this morning:

I am glad that you did not send a response back to my last email on Friday. I knew I would want to delete it when I came in w/o even looking at it and I also don’t want you to think what I am about to tell you is in response to whatever you would have said.

I have realized that I have not been able to move completely on for a couple of reasons. I still have to see you at work and am constantly reminded of you. I can deal with this one as I know that patience is a virtue and something good will come to me in the end. The other major reason I have a difficult time in getting over you was I was holding on to something that isn’t there and part of why I’ve been doing that is your constant communication. I think I’ve been hoping that if I just stayed friendly enough to you and you ended it with whatshisface you would come back but I’m done with that.

You said the other day that you want to help me get over you and I realized the solution to that this weekend. I know I’ve asked you before and you haven’t really stopped, and I know that I’ll break communication sometimes too, but I really am ready to close this chapter of my life and move on not knowing you any more. That includes you no longer holding on to the illusion that I’ll be your friend too. I need you to quit emailing me completely. I am no longer going to respond to your emails and will never send you anything again. I am sorry I have been weak in my resolve on that but it’s time that I banish you from my life the best I can given my circumstances.

I think you’re an amazing woman and I do want you to be happy and I know you want me to be happy. One of our friends posted something on FB the other day about making someone happy should come first, even if you have to leave them alone to do it. I liked that. Leave me alone and let me be happy.

For the last time that I ever want to say this, Goodbye, <name removed>. I wish you the best of luck on the rest of your life.

Can I say that this is gladly day one? LOL

Well, I have done very well..almost a month. Then on Sat I was up at the local eatery and who walks in the place and sits at the bar..right next to our table. The ex. We (my roomie and I ) ignored him, but then my 4 year old saw him and runs up to say "hi". He says hi and picks him up to sit next to him. My roomie and I were paying anyhow so being the cool roomie she is, she walks over and says "sorry, have to steal him back because we are leaving" and picks him up and walks out the door.

Not bad...but awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by OmnicronPercei8 View Post
    Can I say that this is gladly day one? LOL
    Best of luck friend. Stay strong. I can't imagine how hard it is seeing your ex at work so IMO you have double the challenge of some of us but now you have said those are your last words try your best to stick to it. You will find that connection with someone again. Good people don't go to waste.

Stay strong and post here anytime you feel tempted to contact her.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Pisces you have given me great advice in my short time here. I do plan on being strong and with that last email any potential hope I had that we can be together again is gone now. It really has been for a while but I was hanging on to something and have now let that go too. Thank you for kind words on how someone else is out there for me.

I met a gorgeous girl at the pub the other night who made me feel alive again. Even though I really didn't feel too much of a connection to her, it was fun to be flirted with and felt good to be desired again.

Day 12!! and no time goal set, just as long as it takes for me to get over him

Day 11 and getting a lot easier

it's probably been 4 or 5 weeks, but, truthfully, I cannot remember. and i know it's getting better because of the simple fact that I stopped keeping track. He has texted me and commented on my Facebook a few times, and I simply ignore it. Life is good and will be good with or without the drama of it all.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast