+ Follow This Topic
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The July NC Challenge

Day Four. Hollow feeling of loss remains.

One Month and One day.

I haven't been on here for a while ! I guess its me finally getting over the whole thing, To be perfectly honest i feel amazing ! All i can say to those who are going through a break up, Is just save the tears and heartbreak, And go no contact. It is the only method of recovery. Its hard, Very hard to get through, In fact i recall some very difficult days in my recovery period, But i can honestly say its worth it.

I rarely if ever think about her at all, Ever since i cut every means of contact things have gotten better, I can only advise what i know, And what i've been through, Which is to simply block them on facebook, I changed my phone number, Basically i have made it impossible for her to ever contact me. Although i hate her for what she did to me, I can only thank her for showing me what a nasty piece of work she is, Because she wanted me to drop everything and come and live with her down south next year when she's at university. So I'm grateful for the break up, And to find out she had also been possibly cheating on me now confirms that what has happened is most certainly for the best. At least i stayed faithful to her in the time of our relationship. She quite clearly wasn't the one for me Remember things happen for a reason, Every cloud has a silver lining.

An EX is called an EX because that's an EXample of an EXtreme waste of time.

Live and learn from those we loose through the journey of life.

I can't wait to start a nice, Fresh relationship with someone again ! Already talking to a few nice girls Who knows.

Best of luck to everyone. Hope you all the best in your recoveries.

Day 10. It is getting much easier since I blocked them both on facebook, it's like recovering from a bad dream - it never existed in the context I believed so I am recovering as though it was never there.
    I still have an unbearable hollow feeling though, just a sick and empty feeling in my chest that doesn't go away. He sent me back a bag full of my stuff including photographs of me....why would I want those back, that stabbing reminder that I mean nothing to him anymore? Why couldn't he have just thrown them away? And then he rang me yesterday to ask me if I had everything back now that I wanted, I just said that I thought so and thank you and bye. I don't think that counts as breaking NC because I never asked him anything or initiated conversation, just answered his question. I don't want him to be ringing me, I don't want him to ever have existed at all.

I went out to a club last week and I met a guy who asked if he could buy me a drink, he was talking to me and I think he was interested but I just couldn't involve myself with any of it... he seemed a really nice person; he was really good looking, polite, he made me laugh... he seemed like an all round better guy than my ex, I just couldn't feel any tiny hint of a spark at all. I have no interest in anyone else whatsoever. It's been 6 weeks tomorrow since we split and I read all about a lot of you guys posting in this thread finding new romantic interests and kissing new people and things like that... I can't even bear the thought. Sometimes I think that I am over him but whenever I imagine myself kissing or being with anyone at all it's always still him I imagine. I don't understand how to stop thinking about him, he was so much that I wanted and now no one can even come close. When I found him I genuinely couldn't believe my luck because he was so perfect, it was like someone had mixed together all of my favourite qualities and quirks in a person and popped them right in front of me in the form of him. He had bad points too and I know that, really really bad points, but he was everything I wanted. I've never felt those butterflies or that passion with someone before, he made me feel giddy and like I was a better person just being near him. I'll never find that again, I'm so sure that something so special has to be unique... :/

This is horrible. But still, 10 days NC is a start I guess. *sigh*.

Emmalina
    I've been where you are and empathise totally. I too thought I'd met my missing puzzle piece. But the thing is if they were our The Ones then we would be with them now, plain and simple. Sorry to be blunt. Keep up the no context and in time you should start to feel a bit more distanced from the break up and him. I am amazed that I am feeling better after 14 days nc. Such a simple solution to such a complex emotional issue. My ex is over me, yes it's still hurts and I'm sad about it, but I refuse to let not having him ruin the rest of my life. Display strength on the outside and eventually you'll feel it on the inside too. It won't happen overnight x

Day 12 and other than the fact I can't farken sleep at the moment I haven't felt the need to make any contact with her

End of day two. No contact and I wasn't unfortunate to see her at work. Was bored at work so I started tooling around on some websites I used to look at when I was with her. Made me sad that I don't have an email buddy to send stupid pictures to anymore. God I need another job!

Day five. Hardest day so far. Such a feeling of emptiness.

I broke my NC a A week ago!!!!
    I swear there's NO COMIN' BACK again
    I'm starting a new one
    DAY Eight, I feel like killin' somebody

i feel great... **** that hoe

The NC is really hard. I broke mine as well. Had a very simple 5 minutes talk with her. No tension or anything (well I didn't sense anything). So back to no contact again. I want to make this one last longer than the last NC. If I can go up to 4 months I will be happy. I somehow don't regret breaking the no contact because the conversation was nice and I kept it short. Wish me good luck for the next NC.

Good luck!
    Day 14 for me tomorrow. Found out he is already on dating sites ( lookin for his next victim I s'pose) so being mad about that has made NC the last few days a lot easier.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

I'm gonna make this NC the ULTIMATE................It's now or never

Quote Originally Posted by Emmalina View Post
    Day 10. It is getting much easier since I blocked them both on facebook, it's like recovering from a bad dream - it never existed in the context I believed so I am recovering as though it was never there.
    I still have an unbearable hollow feeling though, just a sick and empty feeling in my chest that doesn't go away. He sent me back a bag full of my stuff including photographs of me....why would I want those back, that stabbing reminder that I mean nothing to him anymore? Why couldn't he have just thrown them away? And then he rang me yesterday to ask me if I had everything back now that I wanted, I just said that I thought so and thank you and bye. I don't think that counts as breaking NC because I never asked him anything or initiated conversation, just answered his question. I don't want him to be ringing me, I don't want him to ever have existed at all.

I went out to a club last week and I met a guy who asked if he could buy me a drink, he was talking to me and I think he was interested but I just couldn't involve myself with any of it... he seemed a really nice person; he was really good looking, polite, he made me laugh... he seemed like an all round better guy than my ex, I just couldn't feel any tiny hint of a spark at all. I have no interest in anyone else whatsoever. It's been 6 weeks tomorrow since we split and I read all about a lot of you guys posting in this thread finding new romantic interests and kissing new people and things like that... I can't even bear the thought. Sometimes I think that I am over him but whenever I imagine myself kissing or being with anyone at all it's always still him I imagine. I don't understand how to stop thinking about him, he was so much that I wanted and now no one can even come close. When I found him I genuinely couldn't believe my luck because he was so perfect, it was like someone had mixed together all of my favourite qualities and quirks in a person and popped them right in front of me in the form of him. He had bad points too and I know that, really really bad points, but he was everything I wanted. I've never felt those butterflies or that passion with someone before, he made me feel giddy and like I was a better person just being near him. I'll never find that again, I'm so sure that something so special has to be unique... :/

This is horrible. But still, 10 days NC is a start I guess. *sigh*.
    You sound just like me as far as how we think and perceive ourselves with other people other than our exes. I'm on day... who knows. I never started counting but I'm fairly certain it's been over a month. She contacted me asking if she left something at my place to which I said, "Not that I can remember." and that was it. We haven't spoken and I haven't looked at her Facebook or anything else connected via social media. It's been over 2 months since she left and I'm still feeling like crap. I think about her all the damn time but I am going to attribute all this to my new found disorder discovery. Still, it hurts to know she's already completely done with me after everything I did and felt for her.

Day ?, so over it I stopped counting. Totally loving life and digging the new girl.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Day 2.

She texted me Monday night pretending to be worried about me. Her real agenda was for me to admit that I'm not happy without her and that I miss her. I played it cool and told her that I have accepted the fact that we're over, and I'm happy being single. It was obvious to me she misses me more than I miss her, but she doesn't want to beg me to come back to her because I am definitely not ever going back.

The good thing is it gets easier day by day. It's been 3.5 weeks since we broke up, and I wish she would just leave me alone at this point.
    Last edited by Renwo; 21-07-11 at 06:54 AM.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast