+ Follow This Topic

Thread: HELP PLZ In a Love Triangle ... Should I Face My Demons ?

HELP PLZ In a Love Triangle ... Should I Face My Demons ?

I pulled a selfish move , i left my ex and 2 weeks later got with my now current GF( i told my current gf in the beginning that we wer broke up for months). I really fell for my current GF by pushing what i had with my ex to the side. Now 6 months later the thought of my ex has been killing me so i broke dwn and contacted my ex for closure because we didnt have that. We end up talking the whole day and i find out that she is in the same situation i am in that she cant take anyone serious because she still loves me she thinks about me damn near every day and all of that which is mutual on my part , i havnt went a day with outh thinking about her. And its gotten to the point where i feel guilty for having that thought with my GF like i havnt let her go, so i ended up telling my GF whats been going on and now im all tangled up in what i want.

My ex made pitches to me that the way she was towards me she now notices that she doesnt have to be that way with me and that most of our problems where petty and she want sto try us again ( she also has someone thats trying to be serious with her but she willing to give that up for me). It was bad with me and my ex like she major lacked trust with me which i feel changed everything about her and how she acted so it was hell she has pride issues that she admitted and that was a problem also. My current Gf is everything i wanted my ex to be but my ex never came close to what she is in 2 years but why all of a sudden it seems since she lost me that that will all change ?

I love both of them but since the time ratio is 6moths to 2 years my feeling favor my ex but im scared. I feel bad for bringin my current gf into all of this . i have no idea how things are going to turn around or end up and now the day after i feel like shit. i feel things are not going to be the same with my current gf and all of that , i also dont believe that im going to stop thinking about my ex so what should i do anyone ? should i face my demons with my ex ? see if anything is still there with her ? or is that a trap ? i know theres no easy way out of this but someone shed some light on this situation for me please.

I dont even feel like living anymore because of my mistake i havent ate since Wed im a total wreck .

I believe I replied in your other thread. About the same topic. From not that long ago.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Quote Originally Posted by devonbrown View Post
    I believe I replied in your other thread. About the same topic. From not that long ago.
    Maybe this is a different love triangle from that one... with DEMONS!
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

just noone was responding to that one so i kind of revised it to get more responds im sorry.

You left you ex for a reason, and that reason will still be there if you decide to go back with her. You didn't give yourself time to heal from the last relationship...2 weeks come on dude.

Stick with your current GF, you were done with your ex, time to move on from that.

shes ur ex for a reason you 2 couldent wrk out and it always happens when u c ur ex all the good times come bck and u wonder y u ever left them then after u get bck 2gether u remember

What to listen to ? HEART or MIND?

I met up with my ex last night in respect for my current gf to find out what im feeling . Nothing really changed from our little meating, it was good seeing her tho and we got alot off our chest. I still have no appitite and confused i just dont know how or whats going to happen still. My question tho is what is the best to listen to ? your mind or your heart ? because with my ex while i was with her my mind wanted out while my heart wanted to stay and now my mind wanted to forget about her but my heart is what got me into this mess because it wont, my heart trusts my ex but my mind doesnt. My ex told me last night that i was her first serious relationship ( well i knew that ) and she had problems being like that because she is a very conservative person lik she doesnt let alot of people close in her life and that was my main issue with her . She basically didnt know how to trust and basically messed us up. In the relationship i knew something was up with her and felt the love she had for me but she had problems putting it out there for me to see and thats why my mind wanted out because i didnt understand. At about the half way mark of our relationship i tried to break up with her but only because a lead kept poping up and she felt that which made things even worse. Iono i feel i have an oppertunity to make things right and fix a failure that i wasnt completly all the way in like she was i just dont know what to go with.

Listen to your gut instinct....that's where your logical decision making is made, because there are no emotions there. As for your heart, you just miss the familiarity of your relationship with her and that is all. People tend to loose sight of the issues during the time of separation, but once you get back together it will all come back onto you. You will realize that you just made a regretful decision, you want out again, and you will be left with no one. Don't expect your GF to ever take you back after that.

you are exactly right but can i add anothe detail ? me and my ex were each others first everything . do you feel that each of our expectations messed our relationship up ? because i pictured the perfect girl for me and she did the same to me but neither of us had experience to fulfill each others needs. Now my new girl she has been in multiple relationships before me had quite a few bfs and off the bat she was ideal which brings alot of stuff out of me that didnt come out with my ex. After talkin to my ex last night she says she lives and learns and learned from having me and not having me in 6 months . and im currently talking to my gf about the whole situation and shes telling me to be honest with her and the honest truth is im curious about my ex.

You will regret not dating other girls. This is your time, you only live once, enjoy your youth while you still have it. If you stay with this one girl you will wonder what you have missed out on, and I know you will feel this way. As you grow older, you change, your priorities change, your taste in girls will change, your desires will change. You will eventually grow out of your relationship and want something new. It's a time waster, for you will break up again anyways.

so what are you suggesting after i added that info ? i wasnt sure what you meant

I'm suggesting that you just leave it because really what will this accomplish. You have better things going on in your life and it's not worth dwelling over. You need to move forward and not keep looking back.