+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Any Chance?

Any Chance?

There is this guy I've been seeing off and on for awhile. I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, but I think I need to stop seeing this guy for the following reasons: 1) He's 28 and still lives at home; 2) he's never had a serious relationship; 3) he's a tad on the lazy side and on the weekends his main goal is to play beer pong. When we first met he told me he was going to be moving out in 6 months, but that hasn't happened. He's very smart and has so much potential, but at 28, is it safe to assume he's probably not going to change?

He's super fun to be around, but with never having had a serious relationship or a girlfriend that last longer than 2-3 months, I guess I just need to know if I am wasting my time.

Why don't you ask him that?

I am 20 and still at home and a tad on the lazy side, I am starting to change though, fair enough, he may be 8 years older than me, but, he still has the potential to change, I think if you sit down and talk to him, tell him that if he wants to keep seeing you he will have to put in some effort to better himself, if not, you should look for someone who is willing to give you the dedication you deserve.

well, what do you need for your life? Do you want a partner that has stable life or at least a plan? I think most girls, we want that...

Meet more options and base on that find the best fit for you....do not try to fit somebody into what you need, find the person that FITS what you need.

I used to be like that and I have changed so it is possible. However, don't sit around waiting for someone else to change.