+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Me and my ex haven't spoken in 2 weeks? is it completely over?

I'm 22 she is 20!

when we split I asked her if she had someone else and she said no and that she couldn't believe i would think that!

Lets face facts, this story hasn't an happy ending

From her age, I'd say boredom seeped in.

Please realise that is not as bad as it sounds. Women of that age are prone to restlessness. They get itchy feet and want to explore. I think by you responding to her first text with nonchalance she figured you were at that stage too.

No this story hasn't ended happily. but ended it has. With time (and relying on your army of positive thoughts that I hope you are building) the hurt will recede.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Would you recommend re-establishing contact?

Not at all. That's just a road to more heart ache. If she one day determines she has made a mistake, she'll contact you. Until then you'll just come off as needy.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

But what if she is thinking the same?

Look, she sent you a text to break up. That should be your first hint that she did not care very much or have a lot of respect or wanted to work things out or anything like that.
    Then, a week later, she sent another text to say Sorry it happened that way. Is that the behaviour of somebody who wants to patch up, who feels sorry, or who would like to give closure? She didn't even call or at least *email*.
    As hard as it is to accept that, she is not interested anymore. And with the way she went about it, you should not want her back.

hey man, its gonna be hard but don't say anything to her for a while. As a matter of fact, I think you should not say anything until she makes another attempt to get in touch with you. My x broke up wiht me and we stopped talking completely; she said she would never date me again. We were done talking as far as I was concerned. Six weeks later she called me up randomly acting like my best friend and has been trying to grab lunch and stuff. Still not sure of her intentions...

Quote Originally Posted by justcheckin View Post
    hey man, its gonna be hard but don't say anything to her for a while. As a matter of fact, I think you should not say anything until she makes another attempt to get in touch with you. My x broke up wiht me and we stopped talking completely; she said she would never date me again. We were done talking as far as I was concerned. Six weeks later she called me up randomly acting like my best friend and has been trying to grab lunch and stuff. Still not sure of her intentions...
    Could i just ask your reasons for breaking up? and what the situation between you two is now?

Quote Originally Posted by numero_uno View Post
    Could i just ask your reasons for breaking up? and what the situation between you two is now?
    well, It was a few things I think. It was taking up too much time for her I think. she needed space. We got along fine, but I just wanted more then she could give, and it eventually got to the point where she just didnt want to do it anymore.

The situation now is undetermined. after our last "lunch" (after she started calling me again) she said she wants to call me when she comes back into town. She has moved home for the summer and said she might be up here on random days/weeks/etc. Haven't heard anything else from her, so for all I know she was just saying that to try to make me feel good or something.

It sucks because I have 5 college classes with her next semester and she already has told me she wants to be my partner in class and stuff. I dont mind, but I feel like that is why she is talkign to me right now, so we are "Friends" by the time school starts and I can help her. I am not goign to be used though, if she doesnt call me for the rest of the summer there is no way im working with her.

but you never know man.... only thing you can do is make sure you come off as being ok and that you will live to see another day.

I see where your coming from.

girls are such weird things. Honestly if you knew me and my ex we were pretty much inseparable, it came as such a surprise but deep down I knew it had to happen, everything had seem to go stale. Its just shit that now we can't talk but hopefully that will happen in due course

yeah man It sucks. just stick through it. only thing you can do really. You never know. I honestly kinda wish my x never called me though... I was almost completely over her (not really, but to the point where I could ignore it) when she decided to call me for whatever intentions they might be. Now its like starting all over again.

She found someone else. She's 20, in college and broke up with you via text message like a damn 9th grader. Do yourself a favor and delete her number right now.....all her pictures, forget about her. She had no respect for you or the relationship. 2 years and all she could do was send you a text message, didn't even bother to discuss anything with you. Karma is a bitch, let her(karma) do her thing.

End of the day where both as bad as each other, i've made no attempt to get in touch with her didn't reply to her text. For all she knows I could be with someone else!

She doesn't deserve me for whats she's done and to be honest with you I know I can do better.

We've got our memories, but we've just come to the end of the road.

Still it would be nice if we could be on talking terms (as she discussed on her text) but at the moment I don't know where talking will get us.

I value your views and opinions but i honestly one day she will come crawling back...........watch this space!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12