+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ladies, please help me to get the love of my life back

Ladies, please help me to get the love of my life back

Ok i need to explain the situation thoroughly so this may take a minute or two to read. English is not my first language but ill try my best

A couple of years ago I met a girl who had a boyfriend at the time, eventually I fell in love with her, and she also had huge feelings for me, I was at this time in my life, a wreck. I was badly out of shape, unemployed and also addicted to painkillers, I had lost my motivation in life yet I knew i loved her. She had problems with her relationship, and me and her began to grow very very close. we ended up having what we called an emotional affair because it was more than physical, we grew together very close. Things eventually ended because of arguments and I was not in the right place at this time, I could offer very little except emotion, this was almost enough but not quite, so i left to another city.

Since leaving I pulled my life back together, I am free of prescription painkillers, I have got an amazing job, well paid, I am in the physical shape of my life and am very happy, confident and generally feel "strong" if that makes sense. I had a couple of not serious relationships, but I always thought in my mind that I was meant to be with this girl, and one day I would get my chance.

We kept in touch by phone, text and facebook and talk very often, never really addressing the past though, however her best friend told me that she is not happy with her life and wonders if she lost her "soulmate" when i left. I wanted her to be happy and hoped she might work things out, but it hasn't happened, she is in exactly the same position as before, only I am different now. I was working a couple of weeks ago and to my amazement, my boss pulls me into his office and offers me a transfer to a new office at my old town, to run the business there on a massive salary. I never saw this coming, I take it as a sign, I am meant to go back and put things right.

I am a very different man now, physically I really am different, my body is totally different and I respect myself now, i have ambitions and am loving life, only one thing is missing, her!

I am going to be reappearing after 2 years in the position i needed to be in the first time around.

As a woman, how do you think I proceed, what would YOU like to happen of for a lost soul mate to do if he reappeared in your life when you missed him most? I am so excited, but also it's risky, I have been given this chance and I must not mess it up. I want to take care of her, protect and be there for her, what do i do?

Please help me as this is important, I love and respect and adore this woman,

I think you should meet first and see if she is even still the same person you loved before. People change drastically in time (you are a prime example) and you may find that you are not in love with her anymore. Right now you're in love with who she used to be, but I very much guarantee that she's not that person anymore. Besides, even if you did want to be with her and rescue her, you can't fix her. Her problems are hers to deal with and you're only going to be damning yourself if you try to promise her things you can't deliver.

look to be honest i did not read the entire story but i will say this, relationships do not work out all the time for a purpose, move on there are so many other women out here, and more than likely she is not even thinking about you srry.