The Wedding
by Lady_by_the_Sea

May 26, 2001, the "BIG" day! The waiting was finally over! Well, it was a real hectic week, and as perfect as I tried to make it, there were still a few fumbles..like my being late on my own wedding day, finding out my wedding CAKE had missing wine glasses in the center, and my center pieces had UN-lit floating candles. Then getting lectured by my parents-in-law for driving too fast to get to my own wedding! hahaEven though it rained all week, my prayers were answered. All I asked God was for sunshine on my wedding day. If all else failed and Xay tripped down the ilse (luv ya Xay!), if there would just be sunshine, I'd be happy. And God, as always, blessed my day with lots of sunshine.

So there we stood, both sets of parents, my 9 bridesmaids and groomsmen, my ring and flower girls, and my dad and me.

When Canon D was played, my heart started to flutter. Oh my gosh, it was so beautiful! Then there stood my beloved father and me. The trumpets blew and down the ilse we walked. My train did not catch along the way and I did not trip as I feared, so I knew the day would go well

The ceremony went harmoniously until I sang a song for my parents and brothers that made everyone cry, myself included of course, and messed up the song for my hubby! It was hard trying to practice with Sing around all week.

Ah! The kiss! I swear there was NO tongue in contrast to what the first pew believed! And that was that. Then the recession music came on and up the isle we went. Needless to say, here were more boo-boos; my ushers forgot to lead my witnesses out of their seats for a good 30 seconds, more or less, and my music man STOPPED my tape after the first song. So basically, I made a full-sided tape for...well, my own pleasure!

After the receiving line, we then went on to the reception feast, buffet style. After that, continued to the park for wedding fotos. I took with me, 9 roles of film that day, and am awaiting a few more, plus a few video tapes. How I would love to see those! We returned home later and finished the day with a Hmong wedding. Sing and I opened our gifts and everyone finally got to relax and slept more fitfully.

The next morning saw us packing and preparing to leave. I hugged all my beloved brothers and tried very hard not to cry. Not looking back as custom entails, I got in the car with my husband and we headed for the airport. I cried some of the way, but being the sweetheart that Sing is, he kept me cheerful and laughing, recalling the crazy things that happened the day before.

At the airport, my parents and I hugged and cried. It would be a long time again until we can hug one another. Seeing my father cried nearly made me stay, but I knew his tears were only those of joy and happiness, and I know he will miss me, but I would always be his little girl.

So with one last look at their retreating backs, I turned and hand in hand, my husband and I followed my new family through the gates to my future.