+ Follow This Topic

Thread: tired feeling all the time

tired feeling all the time

I feel burned out everyday all the time. Im not old, male 27, in good shape always doing somthing phyiscal but i get so burned out all the time. I can sleep 15 hrs a day and still take a 2 hr nap and go to bed early. I take no suppliments, mainly drink water or a few beers on weekends. I work 50hrs a week drive 45 mins each way.

anyone got any ideas? im not super happy right now in my life but even in bad times ive always just been go go go. getting older and menta stress finaly just caught up with me?

Naturally with working 50 hours a week you won't be able to fit in that 15 hours a day sleep.
    We can't burn the candles both ends though, but at your age you should be conquering the world, full of energy too, but as you say this is how you are then maybe take a visit to your doctor, say how lethargic you feel, maybe it is something as simple as you needing a tonic, or just say some vitamins/minerals/iron substitutes, but either way you need to find out why you are feeling as you are now.
    You mention that you are not super happy right now, maybe as you have things on your mind, even though when you do go to sleep you 'sleep' but no one has a proper sleep with unsettled thoughts and feelings in their life, so maybe start on that as well as seeing your doctor.

The 15hrs came on some weekends. few months ago i was not working as much, maybe 45hrs a week but i had alot more down time to sit and do nothing. i may try and knock the work down 2 hrs a week. i have noticed last week or so i can go to bed on a week night around 9:30...i look at the clock and its 11:30 cant fall asleep. somthing is off, maybe just too many bad memories in my home which for a few months i had not been living there i slept like a rock anyware else.

That's a good idea about reducing your working hours a bit, as long as losing 2 hours pay doesn't add to your already worries, but we 'cut our cloth accordingly' so you will manage.
    It's amazing how our subconscious minds work in over drive when we are sleeping, or come to the fore when we are trying to sleep.
    I was wondering maybe have you one of the personal stereo's, play some of your music on low when you settle down to go to sleep, maybe that will help for a while to break that cycle you are in, then if it works and you feel more back on track you could then find that the worries you have are maybe not as bad as you thought they were..
    I can only surmise on this, as I am writing blind here with no background to work on, and I am just little me, trying to think of things to help, just I hope maybe even one word of this or a sentence might just get you to think of something different to try...
    Good luck to you..

Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    I feel burned out everyday all the time. Im not old, male 27, in good shape always doing somthing phyiscal but i get so burned out all the time. I can sleep 15 hrs a day and still take a 2 hr nap and go to bed early. I take no suppliments, mainly drink water or a few beers on weekends. I work 50hrs a week drive 45 mins each way.

anyone got any ideas? im not super happy right now in my life but even in bad times ive always just been go go go. getting older and menta stress finaly just caught up with me?
    I'm going to guess sleep apnea. Do you snore a lot? Wake up feeling tired? If so, see your doctor about a sleep study. It means wearing a CPAP mask while you sleep for a week and having your oxygen levels monitored. If it's apnea, it can be corrected with a CPAP mask or surgery.

i dont snore, no ones every said i snore sleeping next to me, when i fall asleep im out cold normaly til i wake up. i use to only get to bed around 12am every night so maybe going to bed at 9:30ish is too soon for me right now. i went at 11 last night, was out like that. even had more stress on my mind then i normaly do. i wana try 30 mins earlier each night til i can get down to maybe 9pm then id hope id be out the same.