+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need to tell him I need a few months break as friends

I suggest you recommend him to some girl friends you can trust to give him back when you are in a better mood. The guy may appreciate it and be more willing to be a better friend for you.

thank you so much, wake up. really truly.
    You're welcome. Good for you for seeing what you needed to see.

actually wake up you answered whether i should react to his friendly contacts when you said this -
    Common sense clearly shows that you should not keep up casual conversation with him until you can do so without longing to be with him
    Absolutely. Good luck, be strong and don't drink and text/email/phone. It will be a set back for you and you will have all the pain once again if you cave.

I'm sure he was fond of you after all we have to at least like who we are having sex with. That NEVER means they want to be tied down though. I find it rather shitty of some of the men who try to convince you to remain active platonic friends when it's obvious that when romantic feelings are involved it's too painful to continue on in that manner... ignore those posts.

Cheers.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Exactly; and, if you feel the need to get drunk and text somebody who you can count on to keep it platonic (as long as we are not in the same vicinity) you can always text me and include a cute picture of you being yourself; i won't mind because i have been practicing not judging women by the clothes they don't wear on the internet. So, i can practice not judging you and you can still get your texting fix.

^^^^ That would be the kind of post I recommend you ignore.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

While I am serious, it may not be very cost effective for you if you are from out of State; so don't feel obligated unless you can convince some local (to me) girl friends to test my resolve concerning my attitude and character regarding that issue.

Actually i really do have to thank you wakeup. honestly, it was directly you that made me gets the guts to do it.
    Confusedbelle,
    Knowing you learned something new which will be positive for you is the best compliment any of us could get. I hate to see people doing the same self-destructive thing over and over. It's painful for some of us. It's like watching a car crash and not being able to stop it. I've done my share, but I can see clearly now where my relationships are concerned.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12