View Poll Results: Do girls like to be told occasionally how much they mean to their boyfriend?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do girls occasionally like to be told how much they mean to their partner...

Do girls occasionally like to be told how much they mean to their partner...

Me and my boyfriend are having a tiny conflict.
    I'm convinced that a large majority of girls do like to be told how much they mean to their boyfriend/husband etc even if they've been in the relationship for a long time.
    My boyfriend doesn't really see it that way.
    So basically, do girls like to be told how much they mean to their partner occasionally or not...
    I don't even mean long paragraphs or letters, just the occasional "i care about you a lot " or "im happy with you" something simple maybe.

My favourite is "You are awesome, babe!" or "you did awesomely!" at the the end of a long day bargain hunting.

Simply tell your bf that women like to be reminded that they are appreciated so they don't feel taken for granted. Reminding your partner how much they mean to you or how lucky you are to have them (I often say to my husband "What did I do to deserve you? Because what ever it was I'd do it 100 times over again!") is one of the things that helps keeps the spark alive.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Doesn't even matter if the girl I'm dating likes it or not... I do it regardless. I think its the little things like these that help keep relationships from getting stale.
    Getting over a broken heart is like being on shrooms. -MaidenMinx

sadie_genie Guest
    Yes! I think many guys like to be told the same.

Might be time to get out if your boyfriend isn't on board with that. He's not going to magically change, especially if he believes he's in the right.

Quote Originally Posted by sadie_genie View Post
    Yes! I think many guys like to be told the same.
    I do. I could know it but hearing it makes it that much better

Quote Originally Posted by MissShrimpy View Post
    Me and my boyfriend are having a tiny conflict.
    I'm convinced that a large majority of girls do like to be told how much they mean to their boyfriend/husband etc even if they've been in the relationship for a long time.
    My boyfriend doesn't really see it that way.
    So basically, do girls like to be told how much they mean to their partner occasionally or not...
    I don't even mean long paragraphs or letters, just the occasional "i care about you a lot " or "im happy with you" something simple maybe.
    So is he not doing that for you or something? If it is important to you, he should do it. I like a small reminder everyday. What I require most is to hear/read "I love you" at the end of the day. My boyfriend and I have been together over 3 1/2yrs, and we never fail to mention what we mean to each other daily (unless it's a bad day/one of us fell asleep before goodnights).

How I view it is this:
    If you don't hear something often, you might begin to think it is no longer true after a while.
    (might not be 100% rational, but without voiced appreciation, your partner/you may begin to feel down)

Quote Originally Posted by xkittin View Post
    So is he not doing that for you or something? If it is important to you, he should do it. I like a small reminder everyday. What I require most is to hear/read "I love you" at the end of the day. My boyfriend and I have been together over 3 1/2yrs, and we never fail to mention what we mean to each other daily (unless it's a bad day/one of us fell asleep before goodnights).

How I view it is this:
    If you don't hear something often, you might begin to think it is no longer true after a while.
    (might not be 100% rational, but without voiced appreciation, your partner/you may begin to feel down)
    He isn't, he feels that we should be happy without having to try and make each other happy, and this also links in with the whole compliment and gesture that he loves me. I asked him "When was the last time you told me how you felt without using the words 'i love you'?" and he couldn't even remember himself... He doesn't want to change anything in his daily routine to make me happy and is a firm believer that happiness should just be there without effort.

Quote Originally Posted by MissShrimpy View Post
    He isn't, he feels that we should be happy without having to try and make each other happy, and this also links in with the whole compliment and gesture that he loves me. I asked him "When was the last time you told me how you felt without using the words 'i love you'?" and he couldn't even remember himself... He doesn't want to change anything in his daily routine to make me happy and is a firm believer that happiness should just be there without effort.
    This is why I keep my daily routine during a relationship like it is in the beginning.Well the good parts anyway, the flirting, wining and dining, actually showing that I give a damn.

i think ya should at least do somthing or say somthing everynow and then.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you are asking this chances are you are unsatisfied. I suggest you read a book called "5 love languages" a lot of people here have read it, and it does come highly recomended. It is basically a book about how you feel most loved when.... and how when you feel loved the world changes because it's so wonderful. It touches on how different people feel love in different ways... you and your bf are experiencing this problem. He needs to understand how you fee loved (by verbal expression) and how to fulfill that. It will also show you how to learn how he feels most loved and it may very well not be the same way you do (obviously in your case this is true).

Anyways if you can read the book it is for people exactly like yourself.

Yes I feel that it's nice to be told how much a partner thinks of the other, we all need to be reassured now and again too, complacency can easily set in and then one or the other might not feel as important as they did early on in their relationship, and that goes for the girls telling the boys too, and not always is it needed to actually say how much they care, it can come in lots of guises, like a little note, or a phone call when they are at work, or just a surprise planned meal or a drive out somewhere, it all adds to the feeling that we are wanted, and we are loved.

I tell my wife at least once a day how wonderful she is, and how much I appreciate her. I tell her at least once a week that she's the best thing that ever happened to me.