+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do girls with boyfriends flirt?

Why do girls with boyfriends flirt?

Could someone explain to me why girls with boyfriends flirt?

Example:

I met a girl from class at a campus bar. We didn't talk much in class, but we recognized each other and said hello. We flirted, touched, etc. She wasn't drunk at all, and neither was I.

Her parents were there for graduation weekend, and she even introduced me to her parents.

After talked for a little bit, I asked her, "what are you doing tomorrow night?" and she said, with her head resting against my chest, "hanging out with you of course."

She gives me her number, tells me to text her the next night after 10pm to get together. I'm really excited, so I do so.

Reply from her reads, "hey! Im at xyz bar with my boyfriend, you should come!"

So I'm like "wtf." I go with my boys anyway, and she spots me and motions me to come over. Doesn't introduce me to her boyfriend who is sitting right there, and flirts with me a bit to boot.

Her and I are now trying to get together sometime for dinner.

What gives in this situation, and why do girls do this?

Could someone explain to me why girls with boyfriends flirt?

Example:

I met a girl from class at a campus bar. We didn't talk much in class, but we recognized each other and said hello. We flirted, touched, etc. She wasn't drunk at all, and neither was I.

Her parents were there for graduation weekend, and she even introduced me to her parents.

After talked for a little bit, I asked her, "what are you doing tomorrow night?" and she said, with her head resting against my chest, "hanging out with you of course."

She gives me her number, tells me to text her the next night after 10pm to get together. I'm really excited, so I do so.

Reply from her reads, "hey! Im at xyz bar with my boyfriend, you should come!"

So I'm like "wtf." I go with my boys anyway, and she spots me and motions me to come over. Doesn't introduce me to her boyfriend who is sitting right there, and flirts with me a bit to boot.

Her and I are now trying to get together sometime for dinner.

What gives in this situation, and why do girls do this?

why do girls do this?

Attention obviously. I can't believe you are entertaining the thought of having dinner with her when she has a boyfriend. Have some more respect for yourself.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Yeah, I think the proper reaction to this would have been to stop talking to her completely, not to arrange to have dinner with her. Nothing good can come of this.

Don't do it. What are you trying to accomplish? You take her out to dinner, she dumps her boyfriend for you, and then does the same to you as she did to her current boyfriend. Stay away from people like that because it's impossible to change them. I know from experience.

So no one here thinks this can be as friends?

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Nope. Do you really think what she's doing is harmless to the core? I don't for 1 second believe you will *just* be a friend. I believe you or her or both will fall for eachother, then you'll be a collateral damage when she cheats on her bf, gets caught but won't leave him.

And the reason is simply attention and you're soaking it up like there's nothing in the world you'd rather do but get played and used by this chick.

As long as I dont get emotionally invested, and just say, make out with her, I don't see the big deal, honestly.

LOL. The youth of today. Get some morals mate. She has a boyfriend. Regardless of how she is acting towards you this alone should make you want to stay the **** away. The fact you don't want to says more about you than her.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Does it? She's the one cheating on HER boyfriend.

Also, Im very puzzled as to why she would mention her BF, but not introduce me to him.....?

I really do hate the word flirt. Not the actual action though because the word just covers so much ground its hard to get the idea of what your talking about. Was it actually flirting or just talking. funny thing is all i can see playing in my head is the SNL skit three way.
    Getting over a broken heart is like being on shrooms. -MaidenMinx

Quote Originally Posted by DannyH View Post
    I really do hate the word flirt. Not the actual action though because the word just covers so much ground its hard to get the idea of what your talking about. Was it actually flirting or just talking. funny thing is all i can see playing in my head is the SNL skit three way.

Arms around waist while talking
    -"Im so glad you're here"
    -"I'm so glad you met my family"
    -I asked her, "what are you doing tomorrow night?" and she said "hanging out with you, of course"
    -Asked me many questions about myself
    -Gave me her number, told me to call her
    -I gave her a kiss on the cheek at the end of the night, she smiled and rubbed my arm etc

Still think she is prepping you for a 3 way with her bf lol

Hahaha - I hope not!

Seriously what was the dude's reaction to her flirting with you in front of him.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast