+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are nices guys unlucky in love?

Why are nices guys unlucky in love?

I am a really nice guy and people are always telling me this. So why is it that nice guys like me are so unlucky in love.

I wonder perhaps if you are too nice, sounds silly really that, but sometimes' too nice' is 'too much' all the time, like say if you say 'yes to where ever a girlfriend might want to go, or say yes to a night in, or yes to how she looks, etc etc, maybe some girls feel that after a while it gets a bit too much, they want someone to take the lead, or someone who they can feel protected by, just in general a man being the man..
    But you sound a really caring and giving person, although only a small message, but it does come across to me that you are confused and lonely too, don't change too much, just take the lead now and again, try it and see.

Quote Originally Posted by jimtheman36 View Post
    I am a really nice guy and people are always telling me this. So why is it that nice guys like me are so unlucky in love.
    im like that too man..

Short version: Nice guys aren't seen as real men.

When you are to easy to manipulate or one of those ones who cant say no then you arent seen as dating material, more of the comfort guy friend.

Define nice? I consider myself a nice guy but I don't do that whole quiet act. Yeah sometimes I can come off as a prick but really its all a matter of perception. Try thinking past the word nice.
    Getting over a broken heart is like being on shrooms. -MaidenMinx

That is not correct in all times. Nice guys are not unlucky all the time.But it happens sometimes. Life shows many turns in life to all and so you are also coming under all. It may be any individual in the world. Love makes life beautiful and somehow sometimes down to earth as well. Very lucky people find the [URL="http://www.myboyisanidiot.com"]real love in their life[/URL]. So do not you worry life gave you batter than you desired. Someone ditched you, you got hurt and sad! But remember, you deserve more than what you desire. Make yourself the favorite of your's. You will be happy. There is nothing rules by luck, we make it.
    Last edited by deepika_16; 07-07-11 at 04:32 AM.

Because you don't know how to say 'NO' thats why. Woman don't like men who cater to us even when we're being a bitch. We respect a man who has the ballzz to call us on our shit and "nice" guys never do ... instead of calling us on our shit you try to buy back our favor with flowers of some other crap. Learn to tell a woman "NO" and she will respect your ass.

That being said. There is a type of guy that is way better than the "nice" guy and a thousand times better than the "bad boy." He is the "good" guy and he'll be nice and confident and assertive while being attentive and available and not afraid of calling us on the shit that we always seem to be trying out.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

when i think of this nice guy issue what comes to mind is alot of sucking up, prob the wrong term but thats all i can think of. again there are different types of women out there and some are not nice, some are.

i think the nice guy issue goes hand in hand with the girl saying im dont being nice...we've all heard that one.

just pick and choose what you want to stand your ground with, and some times its honestly pointless to even stand ground and say no if ya know the person well nuff...me, ill just walk away. i choose to care about what i want and normaly its not too.

i have a good heart, but i have a rougher look. what am i...hell if i care im me, dont classify yourself.

Here's an idea, don't try stupid shit?

sadie_genie Guest
    I love nice guys but only guys who are nice selectively. If you are going to be nice to ALL girls, I won't feel special. In fact, if makes me very angry when a guy who I am interested in, is going to cater to every girl around him.

We need to know what you are doing that is making people say you are a nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Because you don't know how to say 'NO' thats why. Woman don't like men who cater to us even when we're being a bitch. We respect a man who has the ballzz to call us on our shit and "nice" guys never do ... instead of calling us on our shit you try to buy back our favor with flowers of some other crap. Learn to tell a woman "NO" and she will respect your ass.

That being said. There is a type of guy that is way better than the "nice" guy and a thousand times better than the "bad boy." He is the "good" guy and he'll be nice and confident and assertive while being attentive and available and not afraid of calling us on the shit that we always seem to be trying out.
    Damn I like that wakeUp, good post!

Because women look for strength, confidence....being too willing to please looks weak ass, needy, desparate and trying too hard to be accepted....that spells no confidence in yourself.

However, what if you're nice to everyone, simply because you enjoy being nice to everyone?

There's being nice, and there's being a pushover. People seem to think they are one in the same for some reason. Like, if you aren't a manly super macho tough loudmouth jock, you're a weak pathetic pushover. There's a middle-ground to be found.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast