+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to tell if she's into me?

How to tell if she's into me?

I know this gets asked a lot, but read on and understand my need to be certain here.

So I'm living in a huge 6 bedroom 2 bathroom house now, on the west side of Montreal. Small sector, but beautiful right near the river. 243$ a month. It's a ****ing steal. Long commute, but eh.. it's worth it.

Here's the rub, my only roommates are two girls. One is 20, the other is 24. I'm fairly sure Michelle, who's 20, has a boyfriend. I don't want to cross that line. However, Kelly (who looks Chinese) is 24. She's going to college to be a Dietitian. Heh. Whatever you make of that, it does = an extremely hot body. Mmm.

Anyways, I invited her to La Ronde (Amusement park here) and like all other times I've invited a girl somewhere, I'm never sure if they are aware that it's an invitation passed for more than just wanting friendship. How can I tell if she knows this? I see signs. After I invited her, I gave her the map of La Ronde so she could catch up on the rides there now, then she came to see me in my Room, real close, touching my arm // hand slightly, then we talked a bit more. It certainly feels right.

It would be quite a deal easier if you could just be straight and open with a girl. I hate the charade of deception, you know?

Since then a few days have gone by, I've even cooked for her (and Michelle too so it's not that personal yet) and being a pretty decent chef helps in that regard. She seems happy when I'm around, comes to see me in my room, smiles a lot, giggles non-stop, maintains eye contact, and her hand seems magnetically attracted to my arm.

However all of these could simply be signs of her being a very friendly person. IS there anyway I can know near 100% that she's into me? I want to know so heavily because if, for instance, I were to try and kiss her at La Ronde; but she's not into me... that would be awkward, but not just for that moment. For the entire period I'll be staying in the house.

I have the home field advantage, but it also increases the risk a bit. I don't want it to be uncomfortable here. Do note though, I'm only staying here for two months.

Thanks.

IS there anyway I can know near 100% that she's into me? Nope no such thing is 100% Just gotta try and go for it and prepare for the fallout.

So I'm living in a huge 6 bedroom 2 bathroom house now, on the west side of Montreal. Small sector, but beautiful right near the river. 243$ a month. It's a ****ing steal. Long commute, but eh.. it's worth it.

gotta give you a fake jealously damn you for finding a good deal like that lol
    Getting over a broken heart is like being on shrooms. -MaidenMinx

$243 for a 6 bedroom?????

how did you find it? craigslist?

tremolo Guest
    I'm thinking he left out a digit. That's absurd.

its probably 243 for each person.... even so thats cheap.. but thats canadian money.. so its probably like a million bucks.. :-p

It's 243$ a month + utilities, which amount next to nothing during the summer. The house is so well-insulated that we don't even use an AC and it's still cool inside.

Keep in mind, that the entire house is rented out, but 4 of the other tenants are only staying here in September, hence why the place is temporary. It's a freaking steal. Too bad it can't last forever. However, if I get a beautiful Girlfriend out of it, I'd be freaking ecstatic!

If you want to date your roommate, be prepared for the potential consequences if/when things go south. And if you want to know for sure whether she's into you, make an overt physical move. YOU have to make the first move; don't expect her to do it. Judging by what you wrote, I would say she is highly attracted to you at the moment. Wait too long, and that door may slam shut. But I'm not there, so I can't tell for sure. The only way to find out is to make a move. Don't verbalize it. If you ask her directly "do you like me?" or something else like that, she will probably respond "no, you're my roommate, we can't do anything." But if you just make a move, you can subvert that logic circuit and go straight for what you want.

I can understand the "deception" part, even if it is not our fault we cannot simply bear true witness to women, for free. It does seem like a lot of work. I would try gauge her intentions before hand so you feel comfortable kissing her in public since practice can make perfect.

She's so sweet. Just the general feeling you get around her, I'm so, calmed down.

Cooked up some home made soup tonight, she had three bowls. Had fun building little house of cards then trying to knock it down in one shot with a penny. Then we talked a lot, she wanted to know more about my trip to Florida and I went into extreme detail about it, she was fascinated. Then we played some cards too. Man, good feeling so far.

Probably will watch a movie with her tomorrow, then La Ronde on Saturday, and sometime in that period I'll go for it. Wish me luck, I guess.

So, a good deal has happened since, and I just wanted some advice on where to go from here.. I recognize though, my issue really is just being too passive.

Okay so this is what happened:.

She came home.

Right upstairs.

Right to my room.

I was playing Terraria fighting my friend. She came right next to me, seemed interested. Noticeably happy when I slaughtered him, the noob didn't realize that bows > everything.

Then I asked her if she still was going to workout again later, she said yes. I asked her how sore she still was and she said quite a bit. She then indicated towards her shoulder again, turned around and asked if I could rub it. Yes, she asked me to. I did, she kept saying harder, harder. I complied. Then I was attacked again in Terraria, she was distracted. I did rubbed a bit more but she had to leave pretty soon.

Before she left she wanted to show me her dance routine. Damn, she's hot, and pretty good at dancing, but she said it she was nervous dancing in front of me. Oh and this was the song.. (the dance is for a wedding).

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFjP-OJ7Bh4]‪Wonder Girls - Nobody performance‬‏ - YouTube[/url]

Also, earlier today I kind of locked myself out of the house (I keep my keys in my wallet, and the shorts I'm wearing have no pockets). The door locks automatically. Kind of annoying sometimes. Anyways, I had to get back in so I scaled the side of the house where the balcony was.. only way to get back in. I told her, and showed her. I wanted her to try but she was too scared, unfortunate lol. Girl girls, pfft.

Oh, yeah.. when I asked her if she was going to workout again she said yes, I told her that's going to be rough if she's already sore, and she said yeah, she likes it like that, she likes it painful.. then laughed.

DAMN.

But then, when she came back later that night (11 PM roughly) she touched up, then went into her room. I was confused.. was I supposed to go to her room? She closed her door, like she usually does; but I don't know. Very confusing. I just took it like she was too tired or something..

Man, this is very confusing.

Should I offer her a massage when she gets back from work tonight?

Sounds like she likes you. She spends time with you, is interested in things you do, that doesn't mean she wants to spend every minute with you. She might also be waiting for you to make a move first, like go to HER room to talk to her.

Try it.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Oh, I definitely have done that too. Possibly not as often, but I just meant yesterday night, if it made sense to go then. It was late.. it was for a massage.

Perhaps I'm just fearful of sex. Honestly, it does intimidate me.

dont be afraid of showing your johnson and johnson.

So, yesterday she came back, things were good. We chatted a bit, teased her, she still touches me a lot especially on my shoulder and arm, I love it. She wanted me to feel her super awesome muscles from working out. Hardly! Squishy still, and I made sure to tell her. xD

I'm trying to touch her more too. Especially when we're sitting down, I can put my arm around her. Great.

She's going rafting on Sunday, and she invited me along. It's awesome. She invited me. Unfortunately, you have to reserve well in advance so that's no option. She's going to be bringing her two huskies here on Sunday morning, which is ****ING AWESOME. Damn I miss having dogs.

Then she offered to drive me to work, since she's heading downtown. She was meeting someone but had to leave quite a bit earlier than I work so I said no but thanks.

Later that night she was running much later and she invited me again; so I said sure. I went with her in her car. We spoke some more. She didn't even know that I was only there for another month or so. She seemed pleasantly surprised. Something just clicked. She thought I was there permanently. If I were, there's no way I'd risk getting close. It very well may be why it's been so hard.

Moving on, we get to Montreal, near a park. She was meeting someone to practice dancing there. We had a few moments before she showed up, I held her hand and it was good. The whole thing was a bit surreal. Then he showed up, they practiced for about 30 minutes. Then I had to go to work, she went clubbing and yeah. Oh and I made sure to push that she brings her bike back to the house.

Oh, yeah.. she dropped me off a bit closer to where I work. She was clubbing just a few blocks away so that's cool. Thing is when I got in the car that time, she gave me that look. That stare with the huge wide open eyes.. just screaming "I want you".

Damn. I really didn't expect such a good night. You guys with your rushing, you don't understand the dynamic of LIVING with the person you want, before you even know each other that well. It's not like the normal dating dynamic. I think I got this.

Oh, yeah I forgot to add, probably one of the coolest things and certainly made me feel great; she was essentially bragging about me to this other dude, lol. About my bike ride, and everything. If she likes me in that way or not, it's extremely evident she is very impressed and respects me, which is definitely something.