+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Write the reasons why you're better off without your ex :)

because she strung me along and then when i called her out on it she denied ever doing that.. and said "she owed me nothing, so she started dating ****"

Yet i feel bad about it...

I got to travel the world and sleep with lots of other women...thanks ex girlfriend, that would never of happened with out your 'help!'

cos shes a bitch!

Because he's crazy? Perhaps he is.

Because in his mind he turns everything around so that in the end everything he ever did wrong was my fault! Definitely!

Because he confused love with control.

1. Because she is very insecure about herself and needs a lot of confirmation all the time. She always told me I was going to leave her, which I wasn't, but it became sooo annoying over time. I never felt trusted while I really did make an effort.
    2. Because she wants a family in 2 years and I am just not ready with myself and need to figure out a lot of things personally and relationship-wise before I can make someone else truely happy.
    3. Because I feel free'er, more relaxed, less pressured, more excited to discover the world outside now and enrich my own self with the things the new world has to offer me; which I couldn't possibly do with her.
    4. Because whatever I did to try and show her my love - be it coming to her place, during sex, being there for her when she had a tough time - she couldn't ever 100% believe me that I loved her. That was partially because of her eternal insecurities, but partially also because maybe, admittedly, afterwards, I realize I might not have loved her as much as she loved me (but, why then, does it still hurt after 10 months? I'm getting better, recovering, but setbacks never seem to completely disappear from my life).
    5. Because I am curious about relationships with other women now and want to fall madly in love with a woman (I know, dangerous, but I think I need to know if I CAN really love a woman more than I loved my ex).
    6. Because she broke up with me out of the blue, afterwards sleeping with at least 7 different men, according to my friends she became a real party-girl. I do understand that it is her particular way of dealing with the hurt, searching for a bit of love around, but I don't think I could ever completely trust her again not to suddenly make a click and dump me again to get with one of these 'back-up men'. Although, of course, there is the possibility that I will become the eternal back-up man myself and never again be chosen.
    7. Because we frequently had arguments which seemed to come out of nowhere. Mostly infueled by her fears and needs for confirmation, and me feeling pressured and irritated (and yes, I do need to work on that, too, or maybe find someone I don't feel as pressured with).
    8. It feels like deep down, we both know that we're no good for each other, but we somehow ignore it because we both know we're a good catch. We're not on the same boat regarding future plans and future visions of life, of love. Because of our differences, we frequently had issues. But then there seems to be this extreme sexual attraction between us, both ways. It's like we were sort of a drug to each other, and being addicted to each other. I recognize the codependency we had. Like a drug, we forgot about our personal long term goals which would bring us true happiness, and sacrificed that to the relationship. We both need to realize that our long-term happiness and personal goals come first. Ugh, I need to resist, kick off, and not let this drug into my life again, even if it might possibly seduce me again and be hard to resist. If and when that's happening, I need to remember all the reasons why it made me so unhappy.
    Last edited by manu85; 18-07-11 at 05:41 PM.

Because I can't wait for the day I meet someone that loves and appreciates me for who I am, on all levels.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Because I when someone asks if he is gay or straight when they see him, I no longer am offended. (He is straight...but very feminin).

I actually forgot to list a few other reasons:
    9. She shows some signs of being mentally unstable. She switched off her relationship with her ex of 7 years just like that in order to get with me. She initiated the cheating (I litterally told her we could not have sex as long as she was with him, but eventually, I couldn't resist). After our first night of sex she didn't want any more and started avoiding me like the plague, until I invited her for dinner and made her fall for me. After her ex there was litterally no transition time, time to reflect, time to work on herself. Then she does the same with me: she switches it off and starts to pursue other male attention like crazy. Starts flirting one month after the break-up in the middle of the dance floor with a random guy between me and all of my friends. Zero compassion, major swings from extreme empathy to extreme selfishness. At the same time trying to touch and "comfort" me at the very same party where she is flirting before my eyes. I wonder how she's ever going to deal with her own issues. I heard her dating other guys, and telling these guys "I like you, I feel for you, but give me another 3 months" keeping them on limbo just as she did with me "Maybe I do want to get back with you in the future, but not for now". She has also never ever been clear about her further intentions with me after the break-up. As I said, she was very ambiguous when we broke up. She didn't give me any reasons apart from her "not being the right woman for me" and me "having to sort some things out", while never being honest about her personal reasons. Thirdly, she wants "a sort of" friendship with me now. Instead of just going for pure friendship. That's one of the reasons I don't want to be friends (yet). She also has a habit of flattering people and giving them compliments all over, tying them to her emotionally, so they will like her and be emotionally craving for her, while in fact she's trying to make up her mind as to what she really wants from these people. That's why I'm very weary now, as I just bumped into her and she told me "it did her really good to see me", but in reality I suspect her of wanting to make me crave for her 'warmth' deep inside and make me allow her back into my life with her sweet words, only to become distant again, watch from the stands if I've become the person she wants me to be, and if not, lose all morals again and flirt right in front of me, etc. She's just very unpredictable. I'd like to be with a safer, slightly more predictable person, although not boring. I think I'd feel happier with a more secure person.
    Last edited by manu85; 19-07-11 at 06:12 AM.

because he let me go.

I'm better of without him for one reason and one reason only:

I deserve a better guy!

An EX is called an EX because that's an EXample of an EXtreme waste of time

Because he is like a leaf in the wind....

His manners, his whole behavior, his language and way to talk, dress, smell, his eating and drinking habits, his driving style, his kind of humor, taste of music etc. have always adjusted to the people he was surrounded by.

I always thought he was himself when he was with me. But perhaps he then also only adjusted to me in reality?

I'm better off without him because now I have the chance to find a partner who can stand up to me, has a steady personality, knows what he wants and sticks with it. Somebody to believe in and rely on.

Because he could never have loved me like I loved him because he has no idea of what love is. He acts how he thinks he is supposed to act in every situation he finds himself in, including our relationship, his previous relationships and his new one. I doubt he has ever felt "love" for any of us, he just goes along with it and goes through the motions because that's what he thinks he should be doing. I thought that I never knew him at all but maybe I actually knew him too well, and I knew he never loved me the same way. Just like I know he doesn't love her, either.

As someone else wrote. I don't feel much better off :/
    In fact, I would like to try again. Something that IS positive though for now at least, is that I have had a chance to grow and to learn a lot of things about myself.
    I am not constantly NERVOUS...
    (but still in the aftereffect of everything)
    I am instead left with a sense of shame and humiliation. Yes, I was weak and did not stand up for myself. I did it in the beginning but then with time I faltered. My self-esteem is kinda broken totally now. And (she did her best to give strength to this conviction) it feels as if EVERYTHING is my fault.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast