+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My bf hasnt introduced me to his family and friends

My bf hasnt introduced me to his family and friends

We have been dating for a year and a half and I have not met his family or any of his friends. Why is that? He said his mom is a bitch and the rest werent worth meeting. He hangs out with his brother all the time but im never invited.

To quote Chris Rock: If you've been dating a man for four months, and you haven't met any of his friends, you are NOT his girlfriend!

You're the dessert dear, not his main entree.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Mmm, I am giving myself a new policy of never introducing any future significant other to my family. I know for a fact my family *will* cause problems, so life is simply easier to not introduce.

im so confused! TheTooya I like your answer better but my gut tells me Lite is right! I think he has something to hide!

If thats the case, tell him you really want to meet his brother, and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by scaredgirl View Post
    im so confused! TheTooya I like your answer better but my gut tells me Lite is right! I think he has something to hide!
    Yea... Like his real girlfriend/wife/live in partner...

Scaredgirl. Insist on meeting them. If he says "no" then listen to your gut. It's trying to tell you something.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by TheTooya View Post
    Mmm, I am giving myself a new policy of never introducing any future significant other to my family. I know for a fact my family *will* cause problems, so life is simply easier to not introduce.
    I heard that excuse for four years, and then I found out that there was another guy. He was the one who got to know her friends and family.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
    I heard that excuse for four years, and then I found out that there was another guy. He was the one who got to know her friends and family.
    For me, the rest of my family is in Japan, so no point charting a plane for my girlfriend to meet them. But really, there are "deal-breaker" families that you don't want your s/o to meet. I now know, with solid experience, that my mother will aim to destroy any relationship I am in.

But... your story sounds really shitty/sad Oh well, hope people in the future won't take me as insincere for shielding them away from a shit show. :p