+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why do guys go on a online dating site just meet new friends?

Why do guys go on a online dating site just meet new friends?

I met this guy online and his profile said that he only wants to meet new friends and he already has a girlfriend? I believe the friends he wants to make are girls because he can't go on that site to meet guys unless he was gay. If your straight you can only pick girls or guys but not both.

I thought it was curious when I saw his facebook profile and it has a picture of his girlfriend and I went out with him on sat. I didn't read his profile until today that it said he wanted to meet new friends, and it never said he was single and looking for anything else... So why do they do that? Isn't it somewhat cheating on his girlfriend? He hung out with me, but isn't that still considered as cheating even though he just wants to meet new friends? even though its considered as a hang out and making new friends... Gosh I hate it when they do that and I was moded... next time I need to read their profile thoroughly before I make a fool out of myself... now I feel embarassed. I mean I didn't know he just want to make friends... I don't mind being his friend but it still not right to do to his girlfriend...

This guy I dated has a friend who goes on multiple online dating sites but in that site he labeled himself as single and looking for short/long term dating... so what the hell is what with that when they already have a girlfriend? jerks...

He was probably looking to "branch out." I highly doubt he just wants friends.

My husband and I still use okcupid.com where we met to message the opposite gender for friendships. Personally I put in the title of my message that I am just looking for friends and in the body that I'm married since guys often lack the ability to read my profile for some reason. I've seen a lot of profiles on dating sites that were made by a couple looking for friends. Since we have few resources online for finding friends beyond craigslist where many people are not comfortable posting or replying a lot of people use dating sites for friends only or even just for online conversation only.

Any chick who messages me to be friends on a dating site can **** right off. I'm not on there to be your friend, and if you're on there looking for friends, stop wasting peoples time!
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

I am still trying to convince chicks that a friends with benefits relationship is a real and valid relationship like any other.

Human interaction makes people feel good. I mean whats the best way to break boredom up? Talk to somebody new. If you want to get technical about the word relationship ctr916 if you think about the actual meaning of the word friends are considered a relationship as well.
    Getting over a broken heart is like being on shrooms. -MaidenMinx