+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why do guys go on a online dating site just meet new friends?

Why do guys go on a online dating site just meet new friends?

I met this guy online and his profile said that he only wants to meet new friends and he already has a girlfriend? I believe the friends he wants to make are girls because he can't go on that site to meet guys unless he was gay. If your straight you can only pick girls or guys but not both.

I thought it was curious when I saw his facebook profile and it has a picture of his girlfriend and I went out with him on sat. I didn't read his profile until today that it said he wanted to meet new friends, and it never said he was single and looking for anything else... So why do they do that? Isn't it somewhat cheating on his girlfriend? He hung out with me, but isn't that still considered as cheating even though he just wants to meet new friends? even though its considered as a hang out and making new friends... Gosh I hate it when they do that and I was moded... next time I need to read their profile thoroughly before I make a fool out of myself... now I feel embarassed. I mean I didn't know he just want to make friends... I don't mind being his friend but it still not right to do to his girlfriend...

I would think the only reason why he would do that is to get affirmation that other women are interested in him. Once he knows that, he might feel better about himself, should he stay with his girlfriend or not.

That or hes a cheating asshole.

But I don't think he's cheating because he would have covered up or blocks his pictures with his gf from me or the other girls he made friends with online. But why choose an online dating site and why not choose some other way to find friends? You don't have to meet every girl or guy in this world to be your friend... Maybe he is having problem with his gf? iono... I don't wanna ask since I don't know him too well, but he seems like a great guy and we chatted and we seemed to have done somethings together.

he went to a concert that I went to and this vacation trip with the same tour attraction and other things... Maybe I'll just be his friend, but I cannot say what will happen...