+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do you have trouble with condoms? (details inside)

Do you have trouble with condoms? (details inside)

Sorry ahead of time if I am graphic, but do you any of you guys seem to not have enough room for your semen at the tip of the condom? And if so, what do you do (are there custom made condoms?)

My boyfriend has this problem something awful. He almost has to hurry to get the condom off so it doesn't end up hurting.
    In the end I usually feel bad about it, but that's a whole different story.

Hmm, maybe you should just go without them, I'm sure he will agree it feels much better, without the pain too (double bonus!)

(real answer: No, I don't know what your talking about. Condoms only hurt if I leave them on for a long time and they are too tight. )

Quote Originally Posted by TheTooya View Post
    Hmm, maybe you should just go without them, I'm sure he will agree it feels much better, without the pain too (double bonus!)

(real answer: No, I don't know what your talking about. Condoms only hurt if I leave them on for a long time and they are too tight. )
    Haha, we aren't really in the position to chance having a kid despite my using birth control. Thank you for your input though. I kinda suspect it isn't a common problem...or at least I've never heard of it.

Lots of condom brands have a "reservoir" tip. Try a different brand. Lots of cheaper brand name condoms on Ebay too. Search for "Bulge in bulk" or "bulgeinbulk".

Don't be sorry to be graphic, nor to talk about sex. There's nothing wrong with sexuality! And sometimes you need to be graphic. I've had women post questions like "I'm so wet I can't feel anything, and I feel like just a piece of furniture. What do I do?"

(Interesting problem, BTW. Never did hear of a solution.)
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Quote Originally Posted by bulrush View Post
    Lots of condom brands have a "reservoir" tip. Try a different brand. Lots of cheaper brand name condoms on Ebay too. Search for "Bulge in bulk" or "bulgeinbulk".

Don't be sorry to be graphic, nor to talk about sex. There's nothing wrong with sexuality! And sometimes you need to be graphic. I've had women post questions like "I'm so wet I can't feel anything, and I feel like just a piece of furniture. What do I do?"

(Interesting problem, BTW. Never did hear of a solution.)
    Hmm, I don't seem to be finding anything with your search criteria. I thought all condoms had the reservoir tip? Or do some have bigger ones? I'm not the *most* experienced on condoms, and I'm usually wary looking up that sort of thing on my own over the internet.

Thank you for your response. I've just never posted on a forum before, and I'm rather reserved about my sex life except with my partner. :]

sounds to me like he is putting it on wrong. Happens more often then you think. I mean for real you can put your head like the one you talk out of in a condom perfectly fine..... You can put your damn arm in to it. I bet he is uncut right?
    Last edited by DannyH; 09-07-11 at 12:09 PM.
    Getting over a broken heart is like being on shrooms. -MaidenMinx

I have this problem sometimes. Try lubing up his penis with a water-based lube next time before putting on the condom. There's not much else you can do, as far as I know.

Most people just forget to give themselves more wiggle room. Uncut guys need to factor in for the movement of the extra skin that is there. If not its gonna get really tight and quite possibly break. if you are going to put lube in the condom beforehand only use a tiny bit and stick to silicone- or water-based lubes. Stuff like vaseline, baby oil(petro based lubes deteriorate condoms) are a no go.
    Last edited by DannyH; 09-07-11 at 01:39 PM.

Yeah, water-based lubes (no silicone) because anything else (oil, silicone, afik) will deteriorate the condom. i'd suggest only applying it to the upper half of the penis, so the base can hold the condom in place.

silicone is fine for condoms but is bad for sex toys a lot of the companies are actually switching over from water based to silicone based lubes.

oh i see. guess that clarifies my confusion.

No, he is circumcised. How does one put it on wrong? Besides the obvious. If it were inside out, would there be less room somehow?

Also, I'm a little unsure about the lube situation, may you elaborate, doppelgaenger?

Thank you for the replies thus far everyone.

The reason why he feels discomfort is because of the pressure on his foreskin. Just lube up that area of the penis before putting on a condom and that should take care of the problem. When you roll the condom on, the lube won't spread, so the end will be secure and won't fall off.

Also, there are many ways to put a condom on wrong. But on the box, there should be directions, so you can make sure that you're doing it right. DON'T put the condom on inside out.

Besides the reserve tip.

Is it possible that he might have an allergic reaction to latex or lubricant spermicide of that particular condom?
    I believe there are non latex condoms available if this is the case.
    Are you sure he doesnt have an std or something? I believe the sensation of burning can happen with certain std's.
    Best to check with doctor if he thinks this might be medical related.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

I'm sorry, I forgot this is an international forum. For "Bulgeinbulk" you need to search the US Ebay at [url=http://www.ebay.com]eBay | Electronics, Cars, Clothing, Collectibles and More Online Shopping[/url]. That is the store's name. Or just search for "bulge" or "condom" and see if his name appears.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)