+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My ex is acting weird...

My ex is acting weird...

Ok so i dated this girl named Heather for almost a year and a half. well we broke up because she needed "space". So i took the break up pretty hard at first and she never seemed to show much emotion about it so i really dont know how she felt. well now we've been broken up for a couple months and im talking to a girl named piper, and i really like her a lot. but the day after we really started talking my ex heather texted me saying "So you and piper huh? that'll be cute" she then sent me another quick text saying "I didnt mean that in a rude way i just think you two will be cute together" so i was like "Ok, thank you" then she texted me saying "look Patrick, i just want you happy, you deserve to be happy and i know you and piper will be good together, if you ever need someone to talk too, im here for you"

So whats the deal? my ex use to hate me and now all of a sudden she finds out im talking to another girl and she starts texting me again... im confused.. can anyone enlighten me on this situation? i really dont know what to think of it.

Sounds like random immature jealousy, I'd just leave it. It will probably go away if you ignore it enough.

I agree.

Ask her not to contact you anymore, next time.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ignore the texts.

Yea, but if you can't ignore them feel free to text her: "I actually have good friends that would be much better for me to talk to if I ever need to... but thanks anyway. " (joking, kinda)

She's quite the Sanctimonious little beotch. Don't let her demote you from boyfriend to justfriend.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 08-07-11 at 05:04 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Few possibilities:

1) She realized she never felt the same way about you, the way you felt about her, and now that you're starting to date, she doesn't feel as bad anymore that she broke up with you.

2) She cheated on you and felt bad about it, but now feels better if you would start to date.

3) 3rd and possible most likely case. She's jealous and tries to be nice to you, so you hopefully start getting feelings for her and won't start dating.

Either way, something everybody has to learn is.... keep your distances from your ex! Especially if they were the ones breaking up with you. Let her go and don't be on her hook. It's very hard to do, but just ignore the texts. I am sure you won't listen to my advice, since everybody needs to experience it themselves. But just keep in mind.... keep your distance, or you'll aim for an emotional bumpy road with old feelings coming up.