+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Metrosexual or not?

Metrosexual or not?

Hi so the girl I am interested in likes the metrosexual type of look. Nice shoes, no facial hair, expensive pants and shirts, hairless body etc...

However, I am more of a normal guy who likes to wear more casual clothing and has hair on my chest etc.. I do have formal clothes for my work but, usually like to go out in just a nice shirt and jeans.

So my question is should I try to be more myself, or should I put more effort into etc. The clothes etc.. aren't a big deal, I can wear some work clothes out. However, I don''t really shave my chest or anything and don't use a lot of product in my hair etc.

So on a date, do girls want guys to be themselves or look more metro?

thanks.

You should definitely be yourself. If a girl can't see past your external appearance and into your heart, she doesn't deserve you.

Really?

I have recently (8months) moved to the city while my buddy has lived here much longer so there could be cultural differences in a major city.

Because this friend of mine who gets a lot of girls told me to go metro and has gone completely metro. He has bought a decent amount of new shirts and slacks, he changed his hair and uses weird gels and creams.

He like me is about average hairy for a guy. He shaves his chest regularly and when he doesn't have time to do that he will literally shave a V in his chest so if he unbuttons the 1st couple of buttons on his dress shirt, there is no hair. Are most women grossed out by hair on a man's chest? He also told me to always wear something eye catching like a fancy watch or a ring or some aother jewelry etc... I have to look professional for work so I do the proper grooming its just i am not sure what is expected especially in a big city like Chicago.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Body hair preferences are pretty individual. The guy I am sort of seeing shaves his body hair (I guess it's a body builder thing), and I don't like it at all. I am trying to decide if I can tolerate it, in fact.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I am not a big fan of body hair so if the guy doesn't have it it is a bonus. However if he does and he shaves it that is an even bigger turn off.I would prefer he leave it natural. Does that make sense?

Anyway I think you should just be yourself.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Why change yourself for somebody else? When you want to change you do it for one person only... yourself.
    Getting over a broken heart is like being on shrooms. -MaidenMinx

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by doppelmakemelol View Post
    You should definitely be yourself. If a girl can't see past your external appearance and into your heart, she doesn't deserve you.
    Jealous you have no chance of a hairless body?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

you should be yourself... I went on a date with this guy who wore t-shirt and jeans and I sorta was hoping he would dress a little better than that on a first date which we watches a movie and dinner. I dressed really nice as if it was really a date but he didn't, but I am totally cool with that because this is America.

if a girl expects you to dress more nicer and wear formal clothing and what not, well bleh w/e forget them... You're just being youself and you shouldn't change for them....

hmm i do know someone who looks like a nerd and unmatted hair, unclean shave and some pimples. he always wore polos and tight jeans because he's super skinny. It's definitely not someone I want to go after or be with because it is not really my style.

If a guy isn't handsome, it's best if they put on their best self to attract girls, but if they don't then it will take them some time to find the right girl who doesn't care about their looks.

If a guy wants a quick fix, like that guy I mentioned, clean shave, gel or nice clean hair, acne-free, and wear nice clothes whether it be casual clothing or formal clothing, but something that you think will attract a girls attention will be fine.

This is only me, but some girls don't mind how a guy dress. It's just a matter of connection.

Quote Originally Posted by tptp View Post
    He shaves his chest regularly and when he doesn't have time to do that he will literally shave a V in his chest so if he unbuttons the 1st couple of buttons on his dress shirt, there is no hair.
    V Shaved? That's one of the funniest and gayest thing I have ever heard. lol

Don't form false expectations, make her see who you really are right from the get-go and dress however you normally do. You'll see really quickly if your each other's type!

I liked the metro-dude thing, but my when I met my current boyfriend (who couldn't be more casual) I didn't really give a crap. It's nice being with someone who doesn't expect you to be dressed to the nines all the time!

To give you an idea, I look like David Hasselhoff or hugh jackman without my shirt on. Is that too much hair?

Like I said I wouldn't be un opposed to more grooming because I really like this girl. I am just unsure of myself because I have never dated someone so sophisticated/mature. She is a few years older than me.

It isn't like I unbutton my shirt and have gold chain hanging 70's style. I would usually wear a nice shirt from Express or Banana Republic with jeans.

Metro sexual is borderline gay. Most women prefer some masculinity. Just be neat and clean. Women tend to look at shoes, so make sure they an not worn out or crappy, trendy dress shoes are a must when you hit the clubs or go out on a date. Second, neatly trimmed and clean finger nails. Manicured nails...well if you were a high end lawyer or a mogul I can see it but not for an average guy. As for hair, make sure it's at least trimmed, even down below...no need to look like the Taliban. Don't over do the cologne pleeeez! There are two ways to apply, spray it in the air and walk into the mist or put a dab on the neck and on the wrist...these are called hot spots where the fragrance will mix with your body chemistry. As for the shirt, make sure it doesn't look like you pulled it out of the laundry hamper....my guy used to do that and everyone noticed it...so embarrassing! If you are worried about the chest hair, wear a t shirt under your dress shirt. Slap on a nice chunky watch and you are good to go.