+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I Miss My Wife

I Miss My Wife

Don't really want any advice, just wanted to whine a bit. I have to go back to California once a month on personal business and to visit my son (he's six, almost seven), and I really hate being away from my wife. Can't believe how much I miss her. You'd think it'd get easier with successive visits, but it doesn't, it gets harder.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    is she seeing someone?
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    is she seeing someone?
    No... I just have to go out of town once a month.

Can she go with you once and a while?

Oh well, think of how glad you'll be to see one another when you get back.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Can she go with you once and a while?

Oh well, think of how glad you'll be to see one another when you get back.
    I'm saving my Rapid Rewards points for a ticket for her. Between work and school she has very little time to spare. Of course, when I'm gone we sit up half the night on Skype, so I still cut into her time, LOL.

Im in exactly the same situation as you and your wife with my boyfriend who visits his son once a month. Sucks.... but hang in there

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I would think you would miss your kid more. Someone who sees their child once a month is no parent. Sorry, I hadn't realized this was your situation. I feel bad for your kids (both posters).

You need to move closer to your children. Its incredibly selfish not to.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    I would think you would miss your kid more. Someone who sees their child once a month is no parent. Sorry, I hadn't realized this was your situation. I feel bad for your kids (both posters).

You need to move closer to your children. Its incredibly selfish not to.
    At least he sees his child. He is married, do you think his wife wants to move? properly not and she shouldn't have too. Its not just himself he needs to think off.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Geez, don't do a tragedy out of few days a month!! Some people see each other just few days a month!! You should rather complain that you see your son ONCE a month . This is extremely immature, you don't give a shit about how often you see your son, but you make a total disaster out of FEW DAYS . Omg , few days.... I wish I couldn't see my bf JUST few days a month .
    I wazzzz here

Quote Originally Posted by Petit Papillon View Post
    Geez, don't do a tragedy out of few days a month!! Some people see each other just few days a month!! You should rather complain that you see your son ONCE a month . This is extremely immature, you don't give a shit about how often you see your son, but you make a total disaster out of FEW DAYS . Omg , few days.... I wish I couldn't see my bf JUST few days a month .
    I think you are going over the top. The guy just saying he missed his wife, how do you know he doesn't miss his son? anyway lots of men dont even see their children at all so

We are planning to move, but it's just not feasible right now. Wife's in school, can't afford out ouf state tuition once we move. Ex and son are also moving, so we need to see where they settle first before we decide exactly where we're moving to.

And I do miss him.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by hello1 View Post
    I think you are going over the top. The guy just saying he missed his wife, how do you know he doesn't miss his son? anyway lots of men dont even see their children at all so
    I assumed that cause he never created a thread about missing his son, even though, he "misses" him more days that he "misses" his wife .I don't care about other guys, we talk about this particular one. If others behave like shit, does it excuse our bad behaviour ? Not really.
    I wazzzz here

Quote Originally Posted by Petit Papillon View Post
    I assumed that cause he never created a thread about missing his son, even though, he "misses" him more days that he "misses" his wife .I don't care about other guys, we talk about this particular one. If others behave like shit, does it excuse our bad behaviour ? Not really.
    No, I never created a thread about that. This didn't seem to be the place for it... it's a forum for adult (or not-so-adult) relationships, not children and families.

Had a wonderful day with my son today. We played in the pool for 3 hours, watched some Pink Panther cartoons together, and just hung out. He's a great kid, and I'm very proud of him. He's inquisitive, intelligent and damned handsome (and no, he doesn't look like me, he takes after his mother) besides being polite and personable.

I got more with my son than most fathers do when he was born. I quit my job and started a daycare in our home so that I could be with him 24/7. For the first six years of his life, I was his primary caregiver. I taught him his numbers, letters and colors. I read to him, kissed his hurts, dressed, fed and showed him love. Taught him to be independent and to trust in his own decision making capabilities. Praised his intellectual pursuits. Taught him to ride a bicycle. Took him to school every day.

Anybody that thinks that they know what kind of father I am is delusional. You don't know me or my son.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    People are posting about their children and families here . Not very often ,but they do. There's so many members who write useless bullshit that if someone writes something about their family or kids, it's actually pleasant to read,that someone cares for their family . But ok, you miss your wife,cause you had to leave for few days... I mean, let's forget about the kid, it's just few days! I look at your situation from a perspective of someone who has to miss others A LOT for a LONG period of time since I remember . First I got to see my mother few times a year, then my siblings and my father , now my boyfriend during semester, I see him only once a month , sometimes twice if we're lucky enough to get the opportunity and it will continue like that for next 2 years and when I see that few days is such a tragedy for someone, I roll eyes ... And then again, you should see your kid more often, it's your kid , especially now when he's 6-7 yo, he needs his father , it's the time when he learns how to drive a bike or whatever. If I were you, I would try my best to see him even every week. It's a little human being that needs you . More than some woman or anybody else. So what if you spent with him first few months , if now you're there once per month for a weekend...
    I wazzzz here

First six years. I've spent more time with my son in the first third of his childhood than most fathers spend with their kids during their entire lives.

I can't help what it's been reduced to now, at least not yet. When I can, I will, hopefully in the next 18 months to 2 years. Until then I'll make do with once-a-month visits, and skyping/calling him regularly.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast