+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Difficulty with Masturbating

Difficulty with Masturbating

Hello all

I just wondered if you all had any advice about this personal topic. I'm a virgin, but I would say that I have a pretty high sex drive. I used to masturbate about 4-5 times a week, and have never really had a problem achieving an orgasm. But now, I'm having difficulties and I find my sex drive to be somewhat low . I don't know why this is. Maybe it is due to other health issues; I have been struggling with insomnia lately and I haven't been working out as much as I should. Also, I went through a pretty traumatic breakup and I've been seeing another guy that I'm emotionally and physically attracted to...but I guess I'm still kind of confused with my emotions. Maybe I associate my sexual feelings with my ex-boyfriend, and then I think of the hurt I felt during our breakup. Maybe that is why I can't achieve an orgasm...

Sometimes I feel the desire to masturbate, but when I try, I can't bring myself pleasure.

I know a lot of women have trouble achieving an orgasm (even during masturbation), but I've never had a problem with it before. Does anyone have any suggestions to get my sex drive back where it use to be, and how to achieve an orgasm when I masturbate?

Thanks!

Its probably due to feelings that still need to be worked out all the way through. Something similar happened to me, but it was a career trauma rather than a love trauma that made me impotent temporarily. I didn't know what caused it until I realized how upset i was over what had happened (not getting a job at my dream company). After I had taken a lot of time to work on those feelings, my body went back to functioning normally.

You may need to work on relaxing and not thinking of the negative stuff that is going on in your life right now. Meditation may help.

You're probably tired, emotionally wrung out, and thinking too much to get off.

It's pretty unlikely there's actually anything wrong with you, your brain is the biggest thing that can fsck up an orgasm.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."