+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Education Level

Education Level

Would you date someone who has a higher or lower education level than your self?
    (please state higher or lower and if your sex is not indicated please kindly include)
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

I'm finding that education levels are completely retarded for judging anything and barely hold any merit when it comes to jobs, money, relationships and the person's intelligence. To me it education level doesn't matter but if the girl is saying stuff like fish breathe water.... and puts pop-tarts wrapped in the foil still in the microwave I'm leaving.
    Getting over a broken heart is like being on shrooms. -MaidenMinx

tremolo Guest
    I'm female, and yes, I would date someone with less education than myself - however, I would probably not *seriously* date anyone without a 4-year college degree. I'm not saying it could never happen, but it's quite unlikely.
    Last edited by tremolo; 09-07-11 at 01:08 PM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I am female and yes, I would date someone with less education, given they weren't idiots and made a decent living. I also wouldn't date someone with MORE education if they were idiots.
    Last edited by vashti; 09-07-11 at 08:22 PM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Considering some of the biggest idiots I've ever met were in college, I'd say I would date someone with less education.

I'm female, and to be honest I probably would not seriously consider someone who didn't go to university or something similar. At least not for a 'the rest of my life' type of relationship.

I am female and yes would date someone with a lower or higher education level. Doesn't matter at all to me. It prefer someone wise rather than book-smart.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Doesnt matter as long as conversation wise we are compatible I guess, I don't want to discuss advanced physics with my partner
    ...I personally cannot stand and absolutely refuse to even consider dating a guy who finishes his sentences with "aye?". To me it just screams uneducated

i don't judge potential partners based on their educational level, just on their intelligence, character, personality, etc as i experience it in my interactions with them. i'm female and i have an advanced degree, and my bf is going back to start college this year. personally, i think ppl (male or female) who judge potential partners based on objective "standards" (how much money they make, their level of education, etc) are shallow and really missing out! i feel that i'm responsible for my own career, education, money, whatever, and in life i want to find a partner who makes me happy (not gives me money or whatever).

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    ... I also wouldn't date someone with MORE education if they were idiots.
    Hey vashti long time no speak too. ^_^
    You dont hear that often (of more educated people being idiots) but its true! I have met some who were quite educated but had poor social skills or lack teh use of logic. Incredible how they even got an education! I have a friend like that. Mentality of a 17yr but is in his 30's. He's a good guy but he isnt too bright ( a model of a "social idiot" to be frank).
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

Hmm, maybe I'm a tad bit picky, but I'd really only consider dating college educated girls. Of course there are exceptions, etc... but I want to know that who ever I am with, they are capable of contributing as well.

I'm male, I would date someone with less or more education than I, however I would be initially disinclined to feel interest in someone who hadn't attended uni. Having said that, it's a knee jerk reaction, which could quite easily be overcome depending on the person.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfantastich View Post
    ...I personally cannot stand and absolutely refuse to even consider dating a guy who finishes his sentences with "aye?". To me it just screams uneducated
    Just a note, it's a Naval tradition to conclude a letter to a peer with 'Yours Aye', roughly translated as 'Yours as ever' - though I realise that's most likely not what you meant Superfantastich!

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My g/f has a bachelor's degree and I dropped out of my first and only semester of community college back in 2004.

I don't think it matters so much what level of higher education a partner received, as long as you can have an intelligent conversation with them and they have a good job. There are many entrepreneurs out there that only attended high school and for me this doesn't necessarily make them more/less desirable as a partner.

I think it can sometimes depend on the country you're from too. In Australia there is not a lot of emphasis on tertiary education. I only started Uni at 28 years old (last year) but prior to then I didn't need a degree to get the various good paying jobs I had. It is only through wanting to become a teacher that I need to attend Uni to get my certificate.

I spent 10 years working and travelling and read a lot and feel I am quite capable of holding an intellectual conversation just through those things.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast