+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Education Level

I think it's relative to the amount of education you have yourself. I am male with my BS and I would date a woman who had at least a HS diploma to her Masters. I believe if you go above or below those lines then it's like dating too far out of your age range. You're just not going to have enough in common.

Higher education is better than lower but it makes very little difference and I don't give a crap about how it compares to my own. I almost have my MSc now. I probably won't be going for PhD since there's work to do and money to be earned. I could just as well date either a high school drop out or a multiple PhD scientist.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovehearts View Post
    I knew someone who achieved a third in their degree. It doesn't bother me, so why should it bother you? lol
    Were you in a relationship with this person?

I wonder what his thoughts were.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

I think the 3 dumbest people I know all have Master's degrees in..get this..Education. You only have to be as intelligent as a 4th grader to teach 3rd grade though.

I don't put any stock in formal education. I'm a programmer on a four-person team for an engineering firm and we consist of a Ph.D, a Master's, a college dropout(me), and a high school dropout. I'm the least experienced member of the team and I make $93k.
    Last edited by BackUpOrGetStng; 12-07-11 at 12:57 AM.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    I think the 3 dumbest people I know all have Master's degrees in..get this..Education. You only have to be as intelligent as a 4th grader to teach 3rd grade though.

I don't put any stock in formal education. I'm a programmer on a four-person team for an engineering firm and we consist of a Ph.D, a Master's, a college dropout(me), and a high school dropout. I'm the least experienced member of the team and I make $93k.
    Making a broad, sweeping generalization based off of just a few people you know isn't going to give you an accurate picture of the world.

Where did I make a broad, sweeping generalization? I didn't say all elementary school teachers are dumb. The material just isn't very challenging.
    Last edited by BackUpOrGetStng; 12-07-11 at 01:14 AM.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    Where did I make a broad, sweeping generalization? I didn't say all elementary school teachers are dumb. The material just isn't very challenging.
    That wasn't what I was talking about.

Okay. Then what part were you talking about?

education means shit to me, ive meet more successfully people with out eduation then ones with. real world experiance is what means it all.

I'm a woman, have a bachelor's degree, getting my master's and probably also plan on a PhD. Education is important to me, it does change the way you think. Also, like someone mentioned, I live in a country where higher education is valued very much, so I would not accept a partner who only settled with a high school diploma. It would just mean that we have very different priorities in life. I don't expect the man to have more degrees than I do, just because I'm interested in science and it takes a PhD to get somewhere with that, but I do want someone who's persistent enough to at least get a BA/BSc before planning a career. Then again, that's just me. Also, I'm known to take back what I've said (I used to say I'd never date anyone younger than me -- oops!), so who knows, perhaps I'll fall in love with a dashing intellectual who considers university too constraining of his innate genius.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12