+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Starting a Conversation

Starting a Conversation

I am a physically attractive man just out of college. I am looking for a long term life partner. Emotions and ideas are what matter to me. For some reason, women will exchange eye glances with me (such as for a few minutes in a cafe), but when I move closer to start a conversation, they start breaking eye contact and give me body language that says "I dont want to talk." For me, I have to talk to the woman in order to get to know her. Is this just a hint that the woman doesnt want to have a conversation? Or is it just that they like being pursued and would like me to do something to get their attention?

If at any point in time you even think that a girl is uninterested, end the conversation casually and leave her alone. Don't waste your time!

Eventually you'll get better at picking up these signals.

The conversation is not even starting. I think they may be getting shy. I am not sure. Are you female by the way?

This eye glance thing isn't always an indication of whether or not she's interested. I know that if I notice someone glancing at me, I look at them again later to see if they're looking again, and so on. That sometimes turns into exchanging glances several times (silly as it is, haha), but doesn't mean at all that I'm interested, just that I noticed them looking at me.