+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do guys like petite/small/short girls?

Why do guys like petite/small/short girls?

Almost every guy I talk to or meet always comment about my height and make fun of it. I am meeting guys online and chatting with them and it so happens that they comment my height because I stated that I am 5 feet and that I am short in my profile.

The guys like it. They make fun of my height and says its cute. They like petite girls... I don't like being short. I want to be at least couple inches taller.. I feel so short... I don't like to wear heels all the time either..

even my parents makes fun of my height and says why are you so short and compares me to other girls who is taller than me
    Last edited by iamminzy; 10-07-11 at 06:37 AM.

Mmm, personally I think shorter /petite girls are much sexier. Maybe its a weird kink I have, but there is nothing hotter than sliding my hand down her chest and feeling her sides curve inward ... (positive thoughts, no missing ex, positive thoughts!!)

But theres a lot of upsides to prefering a more petite girl. I am only 5"7. My ex was 4'11, and we seemed to be a good match height-wise.

Being taller probably makes me feel a more dominant feeling. I'm am certainly no alpha, but I know I like to be in more control, and a shorter/petiter girl I definitely perceive as more submissive.

A couple of other things: being with a shorter girl means I can carry her easier (which is appreciated in general and very fun in bed).

--
    Only big con I really see, is that people may look at the guy as if he is cradle robbing. I've been called out on that with my ex.

Yea I would definitely say I would much much MUCH prefer a girl who is shorter than a girl who is taller. Maybe I view it as more feminine? Hmm....

Anyhow, sorry about the tangential thoughts, kind of answering your question in an unorganized half-assed kind of manner.

My ex is small himself and that is why he prefers small/petite girls. Like Tooya he likes being in control and having a submissive woman. He also thinks they are more feminine.

We broke up coz of it. At 5'6" and 57kgs I was way too big for him. Shame coz we loved each other but I just couldn't turn him on.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

I've dated girls and women from 5' to 6'3" (I'm not kidding) and there is an odd dichotomy there - it's not considered ok to make fun of a woman that's well above average, but it is considered ok to make fun of a woman that's well below average height. I don't understand this, but it's true.

You might try putting something about it in your online profile... something like "I don't like having my height made fun of." and if they do, goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by iamminzy View Post
    Almost every guy I talk to or meet always comment about my height and make fun of it.
    They find it attractive. They don't realize that you don't like it and believe that they are making a compliment. Or maybe it's just something to get a conversation started.

I don't like being short. I want to be at least couple inches taller.. I feel so short...
    Why don't you like being short? Every girl I've ever spoken to and every girl whose opinion I've read on internet prefer guys who are taller than them. Strongly. Well, almost every guy is taller than you. Congratulations As a bonus, average or even short guys won't feel insecure about their height when they are with you. And a confident partner is always better than insecure one. Last but not least, as you said, guys like it. Considering all this, why on earth would you want to be taller? Aside from the obvious practical concerns that can be fixed with a stool to step on.

Personally, I find both very short and very tall girls more attractive than the average ones. I guess, I'm lucky to be slightly below average height so that I have a (theoretical) chance to date both Well, dating a taller girl is highly unlikely since a guy shorter than them is a big no-no for most girls.

I don't like to wear heels all the time either..
    Just don't wear them all the time... There really isn't any advantage in appearing taller.

I'm tall, so every woman that I've ever dated has been shorter than me. But I am aware that men tend to want women who are shorter and women tend to want men who are taller. Playing into that dynamic, some guys will exaggerate their height by an inch when asked, and women will tend to subtract an inch. In fact, there seems to be a whole set of traits that have a gender preference:

Men want women who are: shorter, younger, and weigh less and earn less.
    Women want men who are: taller, older, weigh more than them and earn more.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

tremolo Guest
    I am 5'3, and I've also felt that people make fun of my height a lot. However, none of the guys I've met have had a problem with my height. A few of them have told me that they like to be able to have a girl they can pick up and carry around, and that they feel a petite girl is more femine.

Although I am short, I prefer much taller men - 6' or over, and I hate when guys lie about their height and add inches to it.
    Last edited by tremolo; 10-07-11 at 12:10 PM.

sadie_genie Guest
    I am a short girl who likes tall guys too. But they seem to prefer taller girls; at least the ones I know.

Geez I feel like a giant at 5'8! I've always wanted to be taller, strangely, so has my mum and actually a lot of the women I know would like to be a inch or 2 taller. My hubby is 5'10 though and often feels short, he's the shortest male in the family (except for our son, who is looking like he got the tall genes). His mum was 4'11(and a half :p ) and his dad was 6' on the dot which is quite tall for someone born in 1927.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

I think the worst end of the stick is being a short guy. The norm wants you to be a taller alpha male, girls like taller guys, us short guys have it rough :p

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
    I'm tall, so every woman that I've ever dated has been shorter than me. But I am aware that men tend to want women who are shorter and women tend to want men who are taller. Playing into that dynamic, some guys will exaggerate their height by an inch when asked, and women will tend to subtract an inch. In fact, there seems to be a whole set of traits that have a gender preference:

Men want women who are: shorter, younger, and weigh less and earn less.
    Women want men who are: taller, older, weigh more than them and earn more.
    Actually, women rarely lie about their height, but they routinely lie about their weight. MEN lie about their height, and often they lie by MORE than an inch. Depending on their age, I believe they just may not realize when they are shrinking, which generally begins happening in the mid 30s.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

tremolo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    MEN lie about their height, and often they lie by MORE than an inch.
    In my experience, they not only lie about their height, but also their length - and yes, usually by more than an inch.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by tremolo View Post
    In my experience, they not only lie about their height, but also their length - and yes, usually by more than an inch.
    LOL

I never thought to measure THAT.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Being short is a good thing for a girl, why would you want to be taller? I'm not tall for a guy so sometimes I have dated girls taller than me. And it does feel a little weird even though I don't mind nor does she. Dating a short petite girl makes us guys feel big and strong. lol

Why do women like tall guys? It can be any number of factors. Dominance, comfort, stereotypes, etc..

I am a touch over 6'0 (aka I'm truly 6'0 barefooted, unlike guys who add in shoes + a little) and love shorter women. 5'0 is my ideal height. I like the feeling of being much larger, partly because it makes me feel like I'm a big, strong guy protecting her when we're out and about (I know it sounds silly) and also because it makes me feel especially dominant in bed. I also like women that I can pick up. I do not, however, like women that are stick figures/bony.. it really bothers me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast