+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do guys like petite/small/short girls?

I am average height, 5'5" and prefer taller guys definitely 5'11" plus. My ex's "type" though is very tall women, like 5'10", he's 6' (though his last 3 partners have all been around my height....). I think perhaps the overall construction of person is more important than just their height!! I can understand why guys would like shorter girls, feeds the whole Alpha male protective instincts I guess. My ex was more of a Beta male looking back on it, hence his preference for tall women so THEY can protect HIM. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Actually, women rarely lie about their height, but they routinely lie about their weight. MEN lie about their height, and often they lie by MORE than an inch. Depending on their age, I believe they just may not realize when they are shrinking, which generally begins happening in the mid 30s.
    I should clarify. From my experience, tall women underestimate their height.

That's disturbing to hear that people starting shrinking in height in their mid-30s. I don't think that it's started to happen to me yet, because I work out a lot, so I'm very aware of my body. Wait, now that I think about it, my dad was only one inch taller than me, and even when he hit 65, he was still an inch taller than me. Maybe not everybody shrinks with age, or at least not starting that early.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovehearts View Post
    Some guys feel threatened if their lady is taller than them.
    And sometimes they're REALLY fun to slow dance with. >

To be blunt honest (I hope not to offend anyone). Some(not all) guys percieve petite/small/short girls as having tighter vaginas and tighter 'behind' (tush) for sex.
    Some also want to feel more bigger and "Alpha" male if they had a smaller girl.
    Last edited by Henry123; 13-07-11 at 08:02 AM.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

Quote Originally Posted by tremolo View Post
    In my experience, they not only lie about their height, but also their length - and yes, usually by more than an inch.
    Lie about penis size? Man, that sounds like a classy date.

I like tall, thin girls, usually brunettes. I think shortness is ugly.

i dont make fun of womens height, im 5'6" and only one person i dated was taller then me, i didnt care either way. question i have is are you totaly sure they are making fun of you or just simply being cute with ya saying about ya small size.

just wondering if your taking it to an extreme because you might of been really made fun of in the past and if somone says a simple comming like hey shorty they dont realize how much it burns your ass.

I am also 5', 5'1" on my very best days, and yet guys online don't really comment on it. I think it's for two reasons. 1) I make fun of it myself. One of the questions is "What do people notice about you first?" to which I answered "My height. No, you may not hang coats, hats or umbrellas on me." By making fun of it myself, I sort of beat them to the punch. 2) They're too busy commenting on other parts of my profile. ("You put out a fire while naked?? HOW?!") If you cannot prevent, distract!

Frankly, I say, is it really that bad if guys ARE really into petite girls? I may not be able to reach the second shelf of my cabinet without climbing onto the counters, but hey, at least guys think that's cute!

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vertical_sky View Post

Frankly, I say, is it really that bad if guys ARE really into petite girls?
    I really hope not. I'd be in trouble.

My self I am 5'3 and quite thin and my guy is 6'1 and average weight and he says he likes that im small cuz he can pick me up easily, and likes that he can just feel he can protect me more because hes bigger, like when he cuddles or hugs me feels like nothing could hurt me, its why i like taller guys, I feel protected with them.

Petite girls are easier for average/shorter height guys to handle. But one downside is that taller girls usually have far longer looking legs in proportion to their upper body lol just being honest!

Why is it a downside?

I never understood why people can't just be happy with who they are. But as for way guys like short girls. I like short girls because theres something cute about it, something sweet. I think its because it secretly makes us feel taller, or more manly.

Also, short girls are easy to lift and throw around a little. Makes for a lot of fun in bed

I have no particular preference. My ex wife was 5 foot 2. My ex gf was slightly taller than me. Current gf is taller than me by about 2cm.

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    I have no particular preference. My ex wife was 5 foot 2. My ex gf was slightly taller than me. Current gf is taller than me by about 2cm.
    Me either. I've dated them from very short to very tall. My wife is 5'7", only 3" shorter than I am.

The last girl I was dating was short, only 5ft1 and I'm 6ft2

It's funny because when we were out (she didn't wear stupidly high heels, only an inch or two) I never noticed her as being small even walking with my arm
    around her she didn't come across as that small. The time's when I noticed it was when we were standing and she'd put her head on my chest.
    Without her shoes she would stand and look up at me with the puppy dog eyes and tip toe a bit to give me a kiss whilst commenting on how tall I was.
    For me she appeared really really cute because of her height and I just wanted to cuddle and hug her all the time like a teddy :p

Tall women can be very attractive and model like but the cuteness and sexiness for me is with the small girl, maybe it's more a macho thing as others have said.
    Last edited by r4mbo; 13-07-11 at 05:28 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast