+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help!

Help!

Well, my fellow Loveforum.net comrades, it's been a long time coming....but I am in need of your wise advice!

I'll try to be as concise as possible so not to elicit "TL/DR" comments lol.

Basically, I've met a wonderful girl...she's pretty much the loveliest & most amazing girl I've ever met. She's beautiful, funny, charming witty....I could go on & on forever lol.
    We've been talking a lot. Texting/chatting online etc. She came round to my place last night & we had drinks, talked & generally had fun. Hit a few clubs and kissed at the end of the night

Now, the tricky part. I know she's not long out of a bad relationship....and I don't wanna come on too strong & scare her off. She knows I like her & I guess she kinda likes me too. But, I'm kinda wondering where to go from here.

Arghhh, any help would be appreciated!
    Last edited by The Gent; 10-07-11 at 06:39 PM.
    - The Bringer of Rain

Ask her out for meal and wine and dine her ,dont jump in too fast with her might frighten her off .

I was kinda thinking of heading down the old "going out for a meal" road, but as I said...I don't wanna seem too pushy!
    I'm not usually like this lol. Just realllllly don't wanna mess anything up!
    - The Bringer of Rain

I think you should practice honesty as a form of respect toward fellow human beings, and simply ask her about that issue you present; simply Because she has recently ended a relationship with another guy and may not be in the best frame of mind to have a more optimum relationship with you if she still has unresolved issues from the previous relationship.

At the very least, you will be able to gauge her reactions to determine if she can handle that form of honesty as a form of respect toward fellow human beings before you invest too much in a relationship that may only work as well as the previous one she had practice with.
    Last edited by ctr916; 10-07-11 at 08:46 PM.

Thanks CTR, I'll try and fetch it up the next time we talk...just to see how things go.
    I must cast aside these feelings of fear & be fearless instead!
    - The Bringer of Rain

CTR, well-said ! Couldn't agree more.

I agree... honesty and open communication ~ over a nice meal
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Thanks, Wakeup. We've kinda arranged to have a movie night this week at some point.
    I feel like I'm 15 again! Haha.
    - The Bringer of Rain

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    I agree... honesty and open communication ~ over a nice meal
    It always helps when I have a petty cash fund for that purpose.

Nothing wrong with sharing expenses. If neither can afford it then a nice blanket and a sit by the river/lake/park is always awesome too.

We've kinda arranged to have a movie night this week at some point.
    I feel like I'm 15 again! Haha.
    enjoy and keep the expectations to a miniumum ... cause no expectation = no disappointments.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I shall keep you posted!
    - The Bringer of Rain

Yep, CTR and Wakeup said what I was going to.

Open communication is the best answer.

Thanks for the help so far guys. Is sending flowers a cheesy idea? I know she's had a bit of a lame week at work & was kinda down in the dumps, soooo I was sorta contemplating sending her flowers so she gets 'em tomorrow when she finishes work.
    Yay or nay? I suddenly feel like a complete amateur in the romance department!
    - The Bringer of Rain

no flowers thats coming on too strong Hercules

Lmao, Hercules. Awesome.
    - The Bringer of Rain

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast