+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Want to create a "memory box" type thing for boyfriend?

Want to create a "memory box" type thing for boyfriend?

So, I'm moving away and I won't get to see much of my boyfriend anymore, and it's an important stage in his life where he's growing up, getting a job, learning to drive etc, so I want at least a piece of me to be there.

I've already got pictures, theme park tickets, etc.
    But I want things to put in it that he'll think "oh i remember this" or "I know what she was thinking about when she put this in here".

I think questions about him would help, I've searched the internet for "questions about your boyfriend" but can't find any...
    I'd appreciate it if people could ask me questions about my boyfriend so I could consider putting something in the box that first comes to mind when I'm reminded of something about him.
    i.e his favourite sweet, his favourite film, etc.

Seriously? If you don't know your boyfriend well enough to know what he would enjoy seeing in the memory box, maybe a memory box is the wrong idea for a gift.

You started the post off promising, with the ticket stubs, etc. Keep doing stuff like that. Add pictures. Maybe a lock of your hair.

Make sure it is stuff that he will think about fondly. Because some guys (and girls for that matter) find things like memory boxes to be a bit silly and Hallmark-ish though.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

i honestly wouldnt do it. why, i dont think guys in general really care. Might be viewed at a little OCD or somthing but its your call. Id never do somthing like for for a g/f. I had a g/f keep everything of stuff we did together or even things i threw away shed pick out and save...it got kinda OCDish. 4 boxes later i basicly laughed my head off saying u got this shit from 4 years ago!? oddly impressive but a huge waste of space.

I think it does sound kind of cute; somewhat like an "emotional care package".

You may want to consider the source (of any posters providing some criticism), after all, we may still have some lingering issues regarding your sincerity over here. But, if it feels good to you; then why not "go for it". It sounds like a decent pass time or "hobby" that is probably age appropriate.

Other than that, I have no real suggestions because it is so subjective and I don't think we may be on the same page regarding this topic. However, anything made by you should be ok.

whats your ages of yourself and your bf misschrimpy? i could see younger this might not be as weird.

I truly doubt that there are many guys out there that would actually look at and go through a memory box to relive past memories. That is mainly female territory. A memory box is the equivalent of an emotional teddy bear. If you give that to him he'll probably put it somewhere and never look at it again. If you want to "be there" while you're gone take some pictures for him. The type will depend on your age and relationship level, but the main thing to remember is that men are generally more visual than women.

Its probably also important to ask what you hope to achieve by doing this. If you won't be able to see him much anymore then your relationship is probably over. If that is the case having reminders of you around is pointless since he'll eventually move on.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...