+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Before you go on a first date with a guy...

Before you go on a first date with a guy...

If you meet a guy in real life, as opposed to some dating dot com site, when he asks you out on the first date, do you ask yourself "would he commit?" before going out with him?

Is he a player? Would he commit? Is he catchable?

Are these questions that women ask themselves before going out on a first date with a guy?

Thanks in advance.

Yea I would like to see some signs if he's a player. But I wouldn't ask myself whether he commits or not before I meet him, what's the point? You are not even sure if you like him in a romantic way or not and vice versa.

No, no, that's why I say NOT thru a dot com dating site. You meet the guy in real life, out and about, you talk for a while, he asks for your number. You've spent a few minutes or an hour or two talking with him already. You kinda know whatbhe's like, kind of.

So if he is somehow coming across as a player, you won't go out with him. Right?

What are the clues or signs you see that indicate he's a player? What are the red flags?

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No I don't ask "will he commit" but I do get the vibe of player vs. not player. If he is a player I'd go for a date, food, booze and a good time but I'd probably be closed off to the option of anything more. Players/ womanizers just aren't my type not in the least he'll get a date simply because he's hot but he ain't getting a piece of my ass.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    to add:

what I'm looking out for are: how easy was it for him to approach me? If it was so big deal done this 5 million times before I'm hesitant that just means he asks out tons of chicks and that's not really my style. Also looking out for how much attention he's paying to me vs. others. Is he really listening to me? Or does he practically keep just looking me up and down in a creepy sort of I wanna get me some of that kinda look. And what does he dress like? I'm not into the macho look, and tend to associate that look with players so if that's how he's portraying himself he isn't gonna get far. Does he come off as cocky and or arrogant? Because again I associate that with players. And lastly how do other girls/ guys look at us. If they seem to be looking like "aww, cute" or "yeah, man get 'er done" look? It's just a vibe but it's a vibe I count.

Oh, if for the real life, yea I might know if I'm attract to him in a romantic way or not, but I won't hope he commits fastly after first date, maybe when he would kiss me I would hope he's committed because I would, I'm traditional anyway.

My personal experient, I would take these as red flags:

Living with one person all my life ( married) will be so Long.

What's the point of being married, it kills love.

You must live together before married to see if u could match.

He would look at other woman disrespectful while having conversations with me( like turn his head to every shadow of a girl walks by).

Says he loves all the hot girls n can't stop talking about some celebrity that wear underwear most of the time-> I don't want a public bf who is so shadow.

Boasting of his big house or great salary( these guys think they can get anyone by boasting about their successful, womanisers). It only make me feel...

Saying he has tons of gfs before.

Had Betrayed on his ex before. Or even if his dad was a betrayer ( spmeone told me that son follows their daddies, I'm not sure if it's true though).

He says he works away and love being like that forever(uhmm).

Oh and I hate dress up guys, Not my type, I don't feel they r decent men but more of players.

Guys who give impression that they don't like serious, they like being free even in relationship, party freaks(party a lot) ... I can't remember all.

Just my personal opinion.

Flirts with his female friends and claim they r innocent.

Wouldn't stop talking of his ex

Thanks for the feedback, ladies. Very helpful.