+ Follow This Topic

Thread: need a deeper meaning...

need a deeper meaning...

I need a deeper meaning to this...

Single mother who i work with. We are good friends and the moment i started work she was all over me, flirting wise. it progressed to kissing and talk very sexually to each other. Even better was that we become good friends.

I thought it was progressing after 5 months, kisses were more often, flirting harder (if that was possible- i was the reserved one). one day I ask her how she felt about me, she says she likes me alot. I said same. She asked me does it not even bother me that she has a kid, i say no.

She then goes cold on me and tells me that we are getting to close.

I tell her im cool to just have fun. so is she, she says. But still a weeks later she is giving me cold shoulder. I just dont get it, after 6 months of hardcore flirting, groping, and kisses, she goes cold! I ask her and she tells me she doesnt want to give me the impressing that she wants something more when she doesnt. Fair enough, but why is she still so cold when i told her im not bothered about wanting more-im really not.

In my experience with women, you should never analyze what women say, youll end up going mad....they either want you or they dont! But i am going to analyze this and i need a deeper meaning for emotional closure.

...my own thoughts are that i have taken the fun out of it, so now what? move on...i would say ignore her and lay low for a month or so let it quiet down and then maybe pick it up again in the future and start over...is this possible? is she just scared? its annoying because, im relatively experienced with women and no women has ever been so, infatuated with me, with all the flirting etc...she used to be all over me and now in the last month....BANG ...GONE! She has taken all the power and im twiddling my thumbs like a dweeb! AND i feel like ive just lost a friend too because it is so different now.
    Last edited by Jackscompass; 13-07-11 at 11:41 PM.

As harsh as it sounds, maybe you were a nice ego boost and friend, someone for her to think about. If she wants you or not her actions are telling you to back off. Talk to her. Let her know that because of her actions you are going to lay low and tell her where to find you when she is ready to continue the friendship. The flirting and that may start up again but it won't be the same, it can't possibly. It might not be you, she might have problems elsewhere in her life.

As much as it sucks, i think your right!

Have you ever been to her house? Do you know for a fact that the babies father is out of the picture? Maybe she's was still having him in her life and playing with you on the side and now he's in the picture full time again???
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

The more you agonize over this or pester her with sweet nothings the faster she'll get sick of you. For all you know she pushed you away to incite drama because some women (truth be told) are addicted to that sort of thing. Best thing you can do is ignore this little ice queen routine and resume your normal activity. Pretend like her bitchiness isn't bothering you. Either she'll come around and be curious enough as to why you're not following her around, or she'll just let you go altogether. Either way, don't be a door mat. Have enough self-respect to know that you shouldn't have to put up with the hot and cold bit.