+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I go after her?

Should I go after her?

To make a long story short, I was with my girlfriend for almost 2 years and I broke up with her out of the blue because of other feelings that I thought were right at the time. She loved me unconditionally and was ready to spend all her life with me. I broke her heart.

Two months later I realized I made a mistake and realized she was the one. I told her how I felt, but she said she moved on. I was heartbroken. I broke MY OWN heart which is much worse than getting your heart broken. Living with that regret is real pain. I told her everything that was on my mind and how I've changed as a human being and what I feel for her now and that I'm ready for "together forever" and that she really is the one. I'm not afraid of showing the world our love anymore or throwing away everything to be with her. I realized how much I was neglecting her and how much I took her for granted and everything I ever did wrong.

She told me she moved on and that her life is more exciting now. She's seeing some guy she met when she was out drunk. She's doing things that aren't in her nature and that are not like her. She's very impressionable and I know for a fact her friends forced her to go out a few times and are the ones that hooked her up with a random guy. She said she doesn't know if she can trust me again and that she isn't ready to take a risk and doesn't want to get hurt again.

I know she still has feelings for me. I believe she isn't thinking with her heart and that she's just making a choice based on principle and trying to do things deliberately just to block out her feelings for me and try to prove to herself that it's over. Again, this is what it seems like to me. So I want to know if I should go after her and show her how much I love her and care for her.

On one hand I don't know what she's feeling and going after her and declaring my love for her might push her away. On the other hand not going after her and not doing anything might lead to losing her forever. After I poured my heart out to her she said it'll take more than words to undo the damage I did. Should I prove to her how much I love her and what I'm ready to do to get a second chance? Should I do something that will look like it came out of a romance novel? Because I'm ready to blow up heaven and earth to get her back.

I particularly want to know what the girls here think. What would you expect a guy to do in this situation? If the guy you're in love with, the guy you're ready to die for suddenly breaks up with you and then wants you back 2 months later realizing everything he was doing wrong and his foolish mistake.

Honestly, if I have moved on, I have moved on. If she isn't thinking with her heart, then she is thinking with her head, and this is a much better way to reach conclusions.

You can attempt to woo her and get her back, and you might just succeed, but it sounds to me like she is happier without you. Rough to say, but she said it already. This might be a tough lesson for you, as I don't think she will take you back right now.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Why did you leave her? meet someone else?

If thats the case, she will never be the same woman she was. That will have a perminent mark. I suggest you move on, even if she did take you back, the trust is gone forever.

I was with mine for five years and did the same thing. Tried to get her back and she told me she had moved on and wanted to be single. I did everything I could, sent flowers, gifts, declared my love for her.

All it seemed to do was push her further away. Women, once they make their mind up, seem very hard to change...

Yeah I agree I'd just leave it. You told her how you felt and she said she had moved on you just have to respect that.

Maybe one day she will come back but that will because that is what she wants not because you talked her in to it.

Just move on with your life and let the die roll whichever way they do

no man no man no!