+ Follow This Topic

Thread: does age really matter?

does age really matter?

I met this guy online and I think he's pretty ok. He's older than me by 5 years and I am 24. I saw his pictures online and he looks his age but when I met him in real life... I see white hair... o.0 I never went out with a guy with white hair... At first I was like omigosh as I shook his hand. I was a little turn off by that, but then I immediately shook it off because I know some people who are young and have white hair, so I don;t think it should be a problem.

He then asks me are you really 24? He thinks I sort of look like a minor and probably like 18 or 19. He hopes that he's not dating someone 11 to 12 years younger than him. At that time, I could not show him my id because it's been stolen, but I guess it would look awkward in the eyes of other people. I dated 3 guys who were 28/29. 2 of them looks their age and one of them looks probably, only 4 years older than me.

But he looks old especially with white hair, do you think it be awkward... cuz I look very young and he looks old... I am ok with it, but I don't know if he is lol. I think my dad took a glimpse of him and thinks he looks old... o.0

Thats pretty superficial actually. I know a couple of people in their mid-20s that have white hair in with the rest of their hair. My ex dated a 28 year old guy with completely grey hair. I don't know why it was like that, it just was.

also, 5 years is nothing.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

but the thing is everyone calls me a kid.. and some people thinks i'm still in high school... I been called 14 because i wore a headband... =/

National Geographic had this article about global demographics back in 2000. One stat that caught me attention was the average age difference between husband and wife, which is five years. The average husband on planet Earth is five years older than the average wife.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Honestly 5 years apart is okay. But do you even like him in the first place? And does he like you? The way you describe him, doesn't sound like you're that much into him! If he turns you off, you don't have to go for it you know... There are other guys! With no white hair.

well i just met him today...

Well I think that if it really clicked between you and that guy, you wouldn't be asking yourselves all these questions would you

age doesnt matter if youre only have sex for fun!

Age does not matter but maturity and compatibility do. 5 years is not much of a difference. I think my grandparents had 13 years between them. But back then, it was normal.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)