+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Small Age Difference Issue

Small Age Difference Issue

Hello,

Short abstract: I am a 16 year-old male and need help convincing a 19 year-old girl that the three-and-a-half year age difference is irrelevant, especially down the road a few years.

Long abstract: We are both at college. I was home schooled and started college early, and she is an immigrant who started at 18. She is a good friend of mine (I trust her, and I am very paranoid). We are both the geeky type, and it would not be presumptuous of me to say that we are very compatible. I am very attracted to her, rather more so (to put it lightly) than anyone before. I firmly believe that if the age difference was less, there would be no obstacle to "us".

Things to consider:
    1) I pride myself on my maturity. I am not (not to sound like a narcissist) the average 16 year-old---most people think me to be 18 or 19.
    2) She is very logical, as am I. Hence, the majority of my points in the past have been considering brain development and emotional growth.
    3) I am not naive enough to think that my not ending up with her will amount to anything more than a few days of sadness.
    4) Nevertheless, not much would make me happier than ending up with her.

Thank you in advance for ANY help you might have. I am especially looking for poetry, charts, hard facts, and quotes from notable leaders and scientists. As I said, ANYTHING helps.

Thanks!

Personally at 19, I would never date a 16 year-old. But if you do look older and if you are as smooth a friend as you are a writer, you should be able to seduce her regardless of the age difference.

I agree with Celestina, I am 19 myself actually and I find it very hard to see myself dating any type of 16yr old, but everyone is different.
    But if it is any comfort a girl in my senior year was and im pretty sure stidating a 15yr old (she was 18)

Give it a year or 2 and the age gap won't seem half as bad.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

yea, I'm 26 dating a 29 year old woman, but at 16 I wouldn't expect any 19 year olds to even consider dating with that age gap.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Since you are 16 and in college, I don't think you have to worry about convincing her. Any girl that sees the potential in you is going to ride you into the sunset.